CR 2040 case repair...

Stretch714

Do any of you guys know of anyone who can repair/restore a case from a CR 2040? The one I have is in pretty bad shape. It has a couple of deep gouges in the top and one of the rear corners is starting to separate on me. The grill in the top also has some damage but nothing real bad.

The face of the receiver is in very good shape with only three little marks I can live with.

Thanks

Good luck... Wish they wouldn't have used the faux wood and used a real veneer on them....

When I had my 2040 apart, I looked at the case. It is made out of 1/2" plywood covered with vinyl veneer. If your metal vent isnt badly damaged, maybe some dents, you can fix it. Mine had a dent in it. I just placed it on a piece of wood and laid another piece of wood over the dent and lightly rapped it with a mallet. You cant even tell there was a dent in it. I will be building a case for it soon, as mine has some scratches and wear. When its all said and done, it will probably end up costing $50-$60. I will be using real wood veneer. It really isnt that hard to do. Take yours off and check it out. Just a top and two sides covered with veneer.

I can not figure out how to send Marrylander an IM or e-mail.

I did see one of his case jobs and it was stunning to look at.

It's Merrylander, do a search under members list and click on his name once it comes up. Send private or email.

Back
Top Bottom