Yamaha PF 800 help needed

monoethylene

Hej,

Recently I ve purchased a Yamaha PF 800 turntable. So far, so good :) Unfortunately is the bearing of the inner platter already glued and because of that when putting the outer platter there is some play :( :(.

Any ideas how to fix it or even better is there somebody who has a new bearing??

Here are some photos:

img_7508ovqnf.jpg

img_7509xupr6.jpg

img_75117sorr.jpg

Please help me :) :)

Cheers

Philipp

:scratch2: That is really messed up...:scratch2: Know a machinist- have'm make a new part.:scratch2:

Another thing that is disapointing me is that there is sth missing for the dust cover hinge.

Any ideas where I can get this item or just rebuild it?

img_7520mesar.jpg

img_7521josb3.jpg

Cheers,

Philipp

Either make one or find a parts unit..

And..No my PF800 is not for sale..:D

Today I ve got the bearing and the table turns nice. Nevertheless, I recapped the board and soldered the RCA wire directly to the tonearm base. So far, so good, I can press Start/Stop and it is working. Further the 33/45 switch works but unfortunately the cueing switch doesnt work.

Right now I am into the schematic and already measured the mentioned 12V at one pin of the solenoid. But there is no movement at all when pressing the cueing switch.

Any ideas where I have to look for? Further the tracking force knob does not work. Would it be easy to fix or have I disassemble the tonearm completely?

Thanks a lot in advance

Philipp

Does the arm lift up automatic at the record runout. Can you adjust the arm pick up point at record runout.

I can adjust the pick up point at the end of the record by means of the red LED but the lifter does not work. It is always in up position.

I can adjust the pick up point at the end of the record by means of the red LED but the lifter does not work. It is always in up position.

Pull and check the 2SC1963 transistor (solenoid driver) Looks like TR102.Look for a emitter-collector short.

Thanks a lot. I will check it!!!

Further do you have any idea how to fix the tracking force adjustment. I can just take off the know and it seems that there is sth broken. If it is not to fix, I think that I also can adjust the tracking force by the main counter weight?

Sopala, the cueing mechanism is working after checking all responisble parts and deep cleaning the cueing switch.

Now the tracking force :) :)

Yeahhh, thats clear but I have the problem that the spring for the mechanism is out. I try my luck with some pillows to put it back in the right place..

Nevertheless thanks for the link!!!

Cheers,

Philipp

How about the tonearm drop rate. My PF dropped like a rock.I coated the the TA dampener with 100,000 weight silicone oil (RC car differential gear oil)

Back
Top Bottom