Taken to school by my CR-1020

fredjones

At first I was not accustomed to the sound of my CR-1020 compared to my A-S500. After doing a lot of critical extended listening from different LPs and sources, I must say that I am now a believer. This is the music I grew up with here dudes. Much to my suprise is that the sound seems not to fatigue my ears the way the new integrated can if I turn the volume up a little. The bass is not muddled but is very firm, even from my DCM speakers. I have been eying getting one of these for a while and finally bit the bullet. It definitely is a different listen and most pleasing.

I keep the Loudness all the way down, does anybody use this feature?
The phono section sounds great and is one of the best I have heard. The tuner has good stereo separation, but I'm going to have to get a better antenna because it doesn't seem to pull in the stations too good. All in all a very good addition to my setup.

The intent of the "loudness" adjustment is for you to set it "flat," then set the volume to the loudest you'd normally listen, and use the loudness knob to lower the volume as needed. Keeps the bass & treble in right proportions.

The intent of the "loudness" adjustment is for you to set it "flat," then set the volume to the loudest you'd normally listen, and use the loudness knob to lower the volume as needed. Keeps the bass & treble in right proportions.

I'll add: the right proportions for how we hear. The base and treble need boosting at lower volumes to sound right. Took me a while, and AK, to get straight on the variable loudness. I do use it.

4seat- you have a PM.

Steve

Back
Top Bottom