Good Matches for M85/C85/T85

ksjogo

Hi,
the story of my system is a bit strange. I had a crappy all-in-one philipps and some bad onkyo speakers. One day my dad brought some equipment he found at the building yard/scrap yard (?) (a german "bauhof", where people drop their paper/bio/electric trash and you can pick for free from the electric stuff). The equipment looked good and was heavy, so he took it with him. Turned out it was a M85/C85/T85 set. The amp had a minor problem but a nearby electric shop fixed that and together with a set of Canton Ergo DC 91 speakers I had my birthday present.
In the last two years I did not have any money to further upgrade my system (except from two other pickups), but now I have my own income and can spent some of it, mayhaps you can recommend something:
System:
M85/C85/T85
CDP: Philipps AK630, I should definitely get a new one. Are the Yamaha CDCs ok(I sometimes prefer to music playing 5 hours in the background) (perhaps with an external DAC) or should I get a CDX?
TT:Sony PS10F got that one for free and its automatic is still working great. Could perhaps get a new needle if a good yamaha tt is out of range.
Speakers: Canton Ergo DC 91, for the moment I am happy with them but I did not have the pleasure of hearing better speakers yet
Wireing: Chaotic mix between the devices, anything reasonable might be good
My main music direction is metal(nwobhm, speed) if that matters in any way.

Hi,
the story of my system is a bit strange. I had a crappy all-in-one philipps and some bad onkyo speakers. One day my dad brought some equipment he found at the building yard/scrap yard (?) (a german "bauhof", where people drop their paper/bio/electric trash and you can pick for free from the electric stuff). The equipment looked good and was heavy, so he took it with him. Turned out it was a M85/C85/T85 set. The amp had a minor problem but a nearby electric shop fixed that and together with a set of Canton Ergo DC 91 speakers I had my birthday present.
In the last two years I did not have any money to further upgrade my system (except from two other pickups), but now I have my own income and can spent some of it, mayhaps you can recommend something:
System:
M85/C85/T85
CDP: Philipps AK630, I should definitely get a new one. Are the Yamaha CDCs ok(I sometimes prefer to music playing 5 hours in the background) (perhaps with an external DAC) or should I get a CDX?
TT:Sony PS10F got that one for free and its automatic is still working great. Could perhaps get a new needle if a good yamaha tt is out of range.
Speakers: Canton Ergo DC 91, for the moment I am happy with them but I did not have the pleasure of hearing better speakers yet
Wireing: Chaotic mix between the devices, anything reasonable might be good
My main music direction is metal(nwobhm, speed) if that matters in any way.

That's a very good Yamaha stack. If you want to play with vinyl that C-85 has a very decent phono stage. I would get a good DAC, and a modest CD player with digital out. You could also go to FLAC files and a sever...

Back
Top Bottom