ADCOM GCD 575 No sound?

61sprite

ROACHED
Reads and plays CD fine. Has no (very faint at high amp volume) sound? Same with the variable RCA jacks and headphone jack? I am not able to test the digital out , i dont have anything with a digital connection. I sure could use some help in getting started in the right direction. Thanks everyone

Difficult to offer much help with so little information. Was there sound previously, or did you just acquire the player? If you had sound before, what were the circumstances that led to the problem?

The only suggestion I can offer at this point, based on your statement there is a very faint sound, is the output relays (RY402 & RY403) are disabled for whatever reason.

Had the same issue. It was a $5 find from goodwill, same issue with the low volume. Poked around in it, touched up some questionable looking solder joints, replaced output ICS. Nothing. Never figured it out. Eventually junked the Adcom, bought an ADC 16/1 from a friend for another $5, and I've been using that ever since.

I have sound after recapping and removing the glue in the analog power supply. They used a glue that was very corrosive. It destroyed 3 caps just behind the voltage regulators. Sounds ok but doesn't beat out my Rotel 855. Maybe some mods are in order.

The sound quality of the GCD575 can be greatly improved by some modifications:

1. Replace the decoupling caps on the TDA1541A with larger value metallized film caps.
2. Add Sanyo Os-Con SVPG decoupling caps to the +5v, -5V, and -15v.
3. Replace the original output coupling caps.
4. Replace the original output transistors.

1. Replace the decoupling caps on the TDA1541A with larger value metallized film caps.

Has anyone done measurements before and after?

I recently picked one of these up also. It plays fine and sounds good but it skips very easily. I haven't had time to poke at it.

What do you recommend for the decoupling caps on the 1541?

I would recommend Epcos MKT film caps for the DAC. I have 2.2uf caps at the MSB pins (13 & 18) and 0.33uF caps at the other pins.

I should clarify that the Os Con caps suggested are for decoupling the input voltages at the DAC.

I would recommend Epcos MKT film caps for the DAC. I have 2.2uf caps at the MSB pins (13 & 18) and 0.33uF caps at the other pins.

I should clarify that the Os Con caps suggested are for decoupling the input voltages at the DAC.

Bear with me a bit of a rookie here. I'm trying to get this straight on pins 7 thru 12 and 19 thru 24 you have 0.33uf and on pin 13 and 18 you have 2.2uf. Do I have that correct?

I should caution that there are several versions of the 0.33 and 2.2uf caps, differing in voltage ratings, size, and lead spacing. In order to be sure you get the ones that will fit in place of the original caps, I am listing the part numbers I used:

0.33uF Capacitor
Epcos Part # B32529C334K289
Digikey Part # 495-2548-1-ND

2.2uF Capacitor
Epcos Part # B32529D225J
Digikey Part # 495-1127-ND

I should caution that there are several versions of the 0.33 and 2.2uf caps, differing in voltage ratings, size, and lead spacing. In order to be sure you get the ones that will fit in place of the original caps, I am listing the part numbers I used:

0.33uF Capacitor
Epcos Part # B32529C334K289
Digikey Part # 495-2548-1-ND

2.2uF Capacitor
Epcos Part # B32529D225J
Digikey Part # 495-1127-ND

Thanks a bunch Schnitzer!:thmbsp:

Back
Top Bottom