Sub woofer connection

Yes. But I'll let someone who's done it answer your question as to specifics.

Use two 1000 Ohm 1/4 watt mixing resistors. Connect one lead of each resistor to the 16 ohm output terminal in each channel. Twist the two free ends together, which then forms the point of the "hot" signal lead to your sub-woofer. Use either 4 ohm terminal as the ground lead -- NOT the Com speaker terminals. And there ya go!

Dave

Ok , I got it, but I am using the 4 ohm terminals. Will this be ok? Also is there a specific resistor such as metal film or carbon film? Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
Beer -- Really any type resistor will do just fine. You can continue to use the 4 ohm terminals just as you are doing now for your regular speakers. But you will also make your ground connection to the powered sub-woofer from either one of the 4 ohm taps as well.

I don't want to confuse you too much, but in the design of the 500C, the 4 ohm output taps are actually connected directly to the chassis ground. This has to do with providing the powered center channel output feature of the 500C. In any event, that's why I said to use either on the 4 ohm terminals as the ground connection for your interconnect to the sub.

Good luck with it!

Dave

That is an excellent answer and I am thankful for your time. You should be a teacher. Thanks again.

Last edited:
Most powered subs have speaker level inputs. Does this one?

If it does, why would one not use those normally like connecting to other amps/receivers?

Back
Top Bottom