Tekton Owners Thread

Hello everyone,

I just joined the Tekton owner group with my order of the Tekton Lore on 8/15, ClarityCap upgrade and Walnut veneer, and solid grille. It's going to be a long month wait for me... I'll be powering it with 300B 8W tube and also schiit ragnarok 100W solid state amp. Eric was a pleasant to deal with, so far very positive experience. Can't wait to get the speakers.

Hello everyone,

I just joined the Tekton owner group with my order of the Tekton Lore on 8/15, ClarityCap upgrade and Walnut veneer, and solid grille. It's going to be a long month wait for me... I'll be powering it with 300B 8W tube and also schiit ragnarok 100W solid state amp. Eric was a pleasant to deal with, so far very positive experience. Can't wait to get the speakers.

Congratulations! I hope you love them and please post some pictures. Do you have a firm ship date or is the month an ETA? At any rate, I'm guessing you will be very happy once you get them.

cubdog

I'm wondering if I can suit these Lores more to my liking? On the amp end Im wondering if a tube change will help? The pre has 6922 for input tubes and I just ordered 6N1P's to try in there place. The KT88 has JJ 12AU7's. Is there a different tube I should try in there place? I know that I can use a 12AX7 in it's place, but I don't think that will help me.
I'll give Eric a call or email this week. I just wanted to reach out to you folks 1st.
Thanks

First, let the speakers break in some more.
For the 6922, try a pair of 1960's Amperex 6DJ8. Same tube.
12AX7 and 12AU7 are NOT interchangeable. My favorite affordable 12AU7 is the RFT. GE, RCA, CBS, and Raytheon 5814 are all good choices as well.

...in the end, after an email exchange with Eric, I opted for a pair of M-Lore in black satin.
I liked the idea of cherry or walnut veneer, but I could not stand waiting for one month or more!

Hi Franz. I have the same amp and have been thinking about getting the tekton m lore as well. I would be interested in your comments once you receive them.

all the best---david

I have not rad the entire thread but I thought I might add a comment. When I ordered my Pendragons two years ago, I had a conversation with EA. I asked him to recommend an amp and speaker cable. He really liked the new Class D amps. Even though his designs are high efficiency he thought the Pendragons sound best, in a large room listening to rock music, with 100-200 watts/channel of power. 14 gauge Mogami coax for speaker cable. I really appreciated his advice.

I have not rad the entire thread but I thought I might add a comment. When I ordered my Pendragons two years ago, I had a conversation with EA. I asked him to recommend an amp and speaker cable. He really liked the new Class D amps. Even though his designs are high efficiency he thought the Pendragons sound best, in a large room listening to rock music, with 100-200 watts/channel of power. 14 gauge Mogami coax for speaker cable. I really appreciated his advice.

I'm curious how big your room is? I have a huge room, the main area is 32'x38'x9' and it actually goes back further on one side.... Kinda shaped like a P.

I'm currently using some Klipsch KPT-904's, but they are huge and they only go down to 45hz. I'm considering replacing them and Pendragons are the top of the list. I'm curious if they will fill my space adequately.

- Woody

I'm curious how big your room is? I have a huge room, the main area is 32'x38'x9' and it actually goes back further on one side.... Kinda shaped like a P.

I'm currently using some Klipsch KPT-904's, but they are huge and they only go down to 45hz. I'm considering replacing them and Pendragons are the top of the list. I'm curious if they will fill my space adequately.

- Woody

Open floor plan 800 sq. ft. with ceilings up to 16 feet in height. Currently running the Pendragons from a SMSL SA-60 Class D mini amp and they sound wonderful. Also have a Peachtree Grand Integrated and a Crown XLS 2500 to play with. The SMSL does not have the headroom but it is sure fun to listen to at reasonable levels.

If you call Tekton, Eric Alexander would be happy to talk about his speakers and what might work best for you. His advice has been invaluable and refreshing.

BTW: I listen mostly to rock and folk

My M-Lores sounded best to me driven by my Teac class D amp. The amp uses a B&O icepower module that IIRC was at most 50wpc max, more like 20wpc undistorted. I've run the Tektons with 5 different amps and that one was the best IMHO. It had the most natural and controlled sounding bass.

Anyway, I've moved the Tektons to a different room now and run them off a class AB that is significantly more powerful and they still sound great but there was certain some extra synergy with the class D setup.

Lore-S New Owner

Hi All,
My only affiliation with Tekton is I’m a new Lore-S owner. This is my first post and I will probably not be posting much in the future. (I see that suspicions arise from low post numbers) I love great sound and once achieved, I tend to fall out of the audiofiledom.

I am absolutely loving my new Lores. I have always tried to buy equipment that gives me real/live sound. The Lores achieve that for me. My previous speakers were very accurate, but they lacked the musicality, or live sound, that Eric’s creations give me. And no, I don’t care how much damping he uses, or bracing, or what the crossovers look like. I care about the sound and I am completely satisfied (until I get the upgrade bug again :)) with my new speakers.

BTW – I received the speakers (and grills) within a week of ordering them. I had a number of questions for Eric and he responded to my emails within hours, so I believe the customer service issues have been handled and resolved.

Last edited:
Hi All,
My only affiliation with Tekton is I’m a new Lore-S owner. This is my first post and I will probably not be posting much in the future. (I see that suspicions arise from low post numbers) I love great sound and once achieved, I tend to fall out the audiofiledom.

I am absolutely loving my new Lores. I have always tried to buy equipment that gives me real/live sound. The Lores achieve that for me. My previous speakers were very accurate, but they lacked the musicality, or live sound, that Eric’s creations give me. And no, I don’t care how much damping he uses, or bracing, or what the crossovers look like. I care about the sound and I am completely satisfied (until I get the upgrade bug again :)) with my new speakers.

BTW – I received the speakers (and grills) within a week of ordering them. I had a number of questions for Eric and he responded to my emails within hours, so I believe the customer service issues have been handled and resolved.
Thanks for the post. I'm glad you like your new speakers.

FWIW, I could care less how many posts anyone has. It's all about the content. Welcome to AK.

cubdog

Lore S owner here too - had them less than a year & enjoying them most every day. If you have less than 50 hours or so on yours, you are in for a pleasant surprise when they break in....

Another M-Lore owner here. My room is 19 X 14 with a 9' ceiling in front of the speakers. I run the M-Lores with a stereo pair of Rythmik F12G servo subs set to medium damping and crossed at 120 HZ off the speaker-level inputs. Amplification is a tweaked Bottlehead Stereomour DHT SET amp running Emission Labs 2A3 solid plates and fed by a Quicksilver tube line stage, using good transparent cables.

The system synergy with this setup is just wonderful. With good source gear and source material, it's like being in the performance space. I still have to work on the room, but I'm loving how this combination works even before I get there.

Hi
Im looking at the Tekton website and whats the difference between Lore and Lore 2.0? Tweeters are different, anything else? Anyone compare ? Thanks

Good question. There is a lot of overlap in the Lore lineup. Note what kind of music you listen to, the basics of your room and how you are going to drive the speakers and give Eric at Teton a call. He has a reputation for being straightforward and honest. That was my personal experience also. Let us know what he says. Not many of us have heard the Lore and Lore 2.0 side by side.

New Lore 2.0 VS Original Lore…
Posted in Uncategorized on December 4, 2014 by tektondesign
I’m pleased to announce the new Tekton Design Lore 2.0. The Lore 2.0 is an exercise in high sensitivity, high output, with roots firmly grounded in pro audio and cross-platformed to dovetail into the world of hi-fi! I’ve implemented a new titanium tweeter with new voicing (minor X-over tweaks). The result is a fantastic new 10″ based Lore model with great fidelity and linearity.

At the foundation is a matched set of world-famous (at least in professional music circles) Eminence Legend full-range transducers. Transducers that are on average 10dB higher in efficiency and capable of handling much higher Wattage than the conventional hi-fi transducer. When turned up, Lore has weighty house rattling, fast-attacking, and defined bass. Warm and full mid-range tones with stellar clear upper mid-range. On the flip side is the ability to produce all of the subtle nuances that demanding hi-fi requires.

I guarantee this is the best-sounding loudspeaker of its type that can be purchased at this price!

I’m offering this model for a limited time (until it picks up some serious steam) at $900 + shipping. Blog comments welcomed… inquires welcomed… place your order today.

Note: I’ve been inundated with inquiry’s about choosing between the original Lore or Lore 2.0. Both are neck and neck in performance. They are each voiced similarly. Neither version will be going away any time soon and one is $100 less. Go with the new Lore 2.0 if value is your highest priority.

New Pendragon's Ordered!

I pulled the trigger and just purchased (this afternoon) a pair of Pendragons in the standard black finish. I'm hoping they ship real soon! I will be powering them with a Rogue Cronus Magnum integrated, a Sony HAP-Z1ES HDD Music Player and a Magnum Dynalab FM tuner. This is my secondary system and I listen to it 8 hours a day as it is in my large upstairs office. I can't wait.

I pulled the trigger and just purchased (this afternoon) a pair of Pendragons in the standard black finish. I'm hoping they ship real soon! I will be powering them with a Rogue Cronus Magnum integrated, a Sony HAP-Z1ES HDD Music Player and a Magnum Dynalab FM tuner. This is my secondary system and I listen to it 8 hours a day as it is in my large upstairs office. I can't wait.

Awesome! I've always wanted some Pendragons but I'm sure the wife would flip.

Hello everyone,

Have you received you Lore's yet?

Back
Top Bottom