How many of Us own more than 100 pairs of speakers??

Man, I have been struggling with this. I have pared down to six pair and was proud of that until I re-discovered tubes. Film at eleven.

Never owned anywhere near 100 pair of speakers and have no desire to. But there is well over 100 pieces of various audio electronics kicking around here though. I'm betting I've got plenty of company in that area:yes: .

YEP me as well! Local guy going out of business here- sez he will give me all the cab I could ever use!
I am soooo very weak, must struggle and say no......must stay alert and say no but I mean yes, must struggle...........
DC

I guess I'm a different type of person. Every speaker that I own is currently in use. Collecting gear and speakers for no real reason has never appealed to me.

I have 14 pairs of speakers. And around 40 various drivers packed away here and there.

I read this post and started counting... Figured I would count every speaker (pair) in the house... for an accurate diagnosis..just to see how sick I am...

*3* upstairs bed and bath: Vandersteen, B&O and a cheapo Sharper Image in the bath...
*4* Main floor livng: Polk, AR, Infinity plus an I-pod dock Altec (spark-o-matic)
*1* Main floor guest: 1966 SS GE consolette (pair there)

*8* House wired for sound with an old B&K multi channel (8) amp = 8 more pairs

*27*Garage (projects and permanent) :
sony x 2 for bench testing, trashy Cerwin Vegas under bench but hooked up, 1957 Motorola "companion" console, 1955 maggie, '60 zenith, (2)- 1960s tube GE consoletes, '62 Fisher Futura, '61 Nordmende Isabella, '68 University pair, Utah pair, Aztec pair, (4) Altec 511Bs, (2) altec 811Bs, Voice of Music pair, Bad Wharfedale pair,
JBL jrx 125 pair, and a box of 20 Tang Band and other various Parts Express 2"-6" Full range drivers for a future project or trade/sell fodder.
Unfinished Basement (my boom-boom rooms) :
*22* 1970s Vignette:
2 SAE for my Marrantz quadraphonic, 2 Pioneer for my Pioneer Quardaphonic, 4 JBL book shelf pairs in ceiling, 2 Infinity book shelf, 1 Pioneer, 1 Sanyo, 1 Marantz, 2 ADS, 2 Technics, 1 Cerwin Vega, 1 JBL 4311b, 2 other JBL Floors, and 1 Snell, 1 RHOAD Bass cab converted into a sub.
*16* 1960s Vignette:
CORNWALLS, '56-57 University "the Masters", Empire Grenadiers, "74 Bose 901s. JBL Lancer 66, Wharfedale w80s, HH Scott 40s, HH Scott 121s, Advent 4s, Jensen Triplex, Kenwood ? (metal lattice grills, fantastic), 1973 Infinity 3000s, JBL 325, University Cobreflex horn for my 299c center channel, Electro-Voice line-radiator arrays, Dayton subs
*8*Tube Consoles: Fisher coronet, Fisher Alegro, Silvertone, Ampex, GE, MAgnavox, Mitchel, Telefunken. (I just sold a Fisher electra, an RCA and a Zenith so I can't count those)
*1* I am going to count a 1955 Zenith tv ... because it is so cool...

*8*Basement Storage room: Infinity RS5s, '70s Realistic, Coral BXsomething, '60s Fisher XPsomething, KEF, MTX, Koss Dynamites, Technics...

97-98... I tried... If you count my vehicles, I've made it!

This is what I have under my roof currently, I buy and sell to fund my hobby... mostly buy...

Wierdness seemingly makes our world go 'round'..
Otherwise we are in a helluvalot mo' trouble than we even imagined

I have 3 pair of vintage and a surround system up stairs. I would like to find a few pair of JBL's but I'm not looking too hard. I noticed the OP said his were in storage, stored at home or a storage unit?

200+ and counting. I probably have more speakers than any hifi ship in operation today! Also parts for most speakers make. I didnt start out collecting speakers, it just happened! Always the cheapest thing to acquire in audio. Speakers on CL or thrift needing Refoam, recap, or dead drivers! Its also part of my retirement package! Its funny people here talk about it being crazy owning 100 or so sets of speakers, but I think its crazy that people have 1,000+ of LP and a mediocre system! I only have a few hundred records! I swap out different speakers and amps like other change out a record! To each his own:thmbsp:

There are folks on here who have 10,000+ LP's (and a few who have 20,000+). But most of them DO NOT have mediocre systems. I probably have 1000 or so in the main stash (and not a single Herb Albert title) but my system is no longer mediocre.

Now, excuse me while I play some Apollo 100...
R-1085673-1311724687.jpeg.jpg

With all the reported NSA snooping and people wanting to put mental illness as a label on persons, I won't state just how many speakers I have. :D

And I won't include how many audio racks I own.

And I sure won't let anyone know how many LP's I have.

The truth is collecting speakers is not that bad as long as the speakers are reasonable sized, but some speakers take up more room than others. :scratch2:

The truth is collecting speakers is not that bad as long as the speakers are reasonable sized, but some speakers take up more room than others. :scratch2:

I'm not sure I can understand why anyone would have as many as 25 pairs of speakers. Seems like it gets into a serious case of hoarding at some point.

50 pairs here....down from an all time high of 65 pairs :stupid: :guitar:

I rarely have more than 3-4 pairs at a time, because I'm usually selling one pair to buy or fix another. I think have speaker ADD, and will continue until I find my 'forever' pair. It's kind of like looking for the perfect love in way...

I rarely have more than 3-4 pairs at a time, because I'm usually selling one pair to buy or fix another. I think have speaker ADD, and will continue until I find my 'forever' pair. It's kind of like looking for the perfect love in way...

I noted that I own 4 pairs. I acquired them in 1995, 1997, 2000, and 2001. I really like all 4 of them. At the present time I have no plans to sell any of them, or acquire more. Thta said, if I ran across certain models of Sonus Faber, at an extraordinary price, I would be very tempted to make an irrational purchase.

My oldest are a pair of Spica TC-60s. I can't believe I've owned them for 20 years. Seems like I picked them up maybe 5 to 7 years ago.

I have a hard time getting use out of 4 pairs. One pair has been sitting disconnected for over a year now. If I had 20 pairs, 17 of them would be sitting disconnected.

Ohh... I forgot the cabin! I have another 4 pair up there, including some home made ones that I built when I was fifteen.
I also have at least 60+ amps, receivers, tuners, scope, switchers, and other junk.

Anyhow, I have 100+ pairs and I am not ashamed... with the methodology I employ, and enough space, I can honestly say that all of my gear has cost me less than $0 (I am in the black) and about 8 years of extracurricular up-trading/selling.

Back
Top Bottom