Mitsubishi DA-A15DC Amp Score

icenine

I found this at a military thrift store across the street where I work. I am pretty sure I left the faceplate with the meters behind but the store is only open three hours on Tues and Thurs so I will check back then.

It works.
Now if I could only find a Mcintosh at the same price.

It is in perfect shape and weighs a ton.

Attachments

• DSCN1270.jpg
    DSCN1270.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 303
  • DSCN1271.jpg
    DSCN1271.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 179
  • DSCN1273.jpg
    DSCN1273.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 177
I love mine a lot. Tons of pure clean power.

Was fortunate to get the pre, tuner, and meters as well as all the manuals. Of course I paid considerably more for mine than you did... You stole that amp :yes:

I love mine a lot. Tons of pure clean power.

Was fortunate to get the pre, tuner, and meters as well as all the manuals. Of course I paid considerably more for mine than you did... You stole that amp :yes:

It was weird....there was what I believed to be an integrated amp and tuner along with the meters but I did not connect them to the amp...those were all $20but the amp was $15. Maybe it was the preamp but I am usually good at recognizing pre-amps because they are unusual in the thrifts. I will check back in at 10am Tuesday but at the least I got the amp.

Last edited:
Great score!!!The old Mitsu stuff is top notch. I got a Mitsu DA-P10 Preamp that's very sweet sounding and built to the hilt.

??? I am greener than the Hulk with envy!!! Tell us you paid more and just put that price sticker on to tease us. That has one heck of a power supply. Nice score. What do you think of the sound?

You see the little anchor?
That is the Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society emblem on the price sticker so yeah it was $15.

I took away my Maggie console pull last night and replaced it with the Mitsubishi so at first it was a bit in your face but I have a feeling I will soon be liking it more...I have to listen to it for awhile.

The old Mitsubishi stuff is top shelf, I have 2 DA-A10DC amps and listen to 1 of them almost daily. Hope you enjoy that one for a long time. Wish I could have found one for the price you paid.

I have the DA-P20 and Da-A10 in my main rig and have cycled much thru here including MC225 and Jolida tubes. And while those are gone my Mitsu are still here.

I'll give you triple what you pay for any of that gear you score and pay a cabbie to drive them to my door. Seriously. :) enjoy!!!

Three out of four ain't bad

Yesterday they tuner and meters were still there. I can't believe I did not understand that what I thought was an integrated amp was actually the preamp...oh well someone got that.

The left meter light is out. I left the tuner but went back and got it when I saw what people where paying for them on Ebay.

Attachments

• DSCN1274.jpg
    DSCN1274.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 110
Tuner research site

Yesterday they tuner and meters were still there. I left the tuner but went back and got it when I saw what people where paying for them on Ebay.

http://www.fmtunerinfo.com/reviewsM-N.html#mitsubishi

Super grab dude! You know that amp is a dual mono with only the AC main line shared between the two sides.. This look like the preamp you saw? MITSUBISHI DA-P10 Hi-Fi Dual Stereo Preamplifier

:music:

Attachments

• Mitsu Control Unit.jpg
    Mitsu Control Unit.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 38
Thanks!

I don't have really really nice gear but have listened to NAD, Jolida, Luxman, Maggie Tube amps.....this Mitsubishi amp beats them. I think it beats the Adcom 535 I have also.

http://www.fmtunerinfo.com/reviewsM-N.html#mitsubishi

Super grab dude! You know that amp is a dual mono with only the AC main line shared between the two sides.. This look like the preamp you saw? MITSUBISHI DA-P10 Hi-Fi Dual Stereo Preamplifier

:music:

Yeah it was long and thin...that is why I assumed it was an integrated amp...
I did not put it together with the other items. Like I said I was in a rush because I left my workstation unattended. The other thing was that I always thought Mitsubishi was sort of cheap stuff anyway. I did not know about this sort of gear or Diatone.

I have the pre-outs from a Luxman R-117 driving it and I have a Chinese Music Angel preamp too...maybe I can find the Mitsubishi preamp someday or buy one if I think I need it.

Back
Top Bottom