Azurahorns & active, quad-amping system

Thanks man. Currently a 300B driving the 340 horns. TPA3116-based amps driving the 160 & 550 horns. The bass bins are being driven by an Emotiva power amp. All being fed signal from a tubed pre & miniDSP.

Great looking system, David! I bet it sounds great! How about the sources? Are you still listening to LP records? :thmbsp:

I'm giving you fair warning. If I ever get to Oz you can expect an unexpected visitor. I would love to hear that. Super nice!!!!

A nocturnal shot. I rearranged the absorption panels on the sidewalls using the good old mirror method.

The rear-ported bass bins were pulled away from the rear wall a bit this morning while the little coffee-bag absorption panels (which appear above them in the photo) were placed behind them.

All this improved the clarity by a large margin!

DSCF6278_zpsuedmdroj.jpg

So, I'm talking my wife into this as we speak. All I needed was a little motivation :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So I had a chance to hear some speakers with Azurahorn mids (Radian beryllium diaphragm drivers) last weekend. The mids were amazing and the transients were really something. Never heard cymbals sound like that.

If space and funds were not an issue... :scratch2:

So I had a chance to hear some speakers with Azurahorn mids (Radian beryllium diaphragm drivers) last weekend. The mids were amazing and the transients were really something. Never heard cymbals sound like that.

If space and funds were not an issue... :scratch2:

Nice. Yeah these horns are really musical with none of that horn shouts. I've gone all-tube amplification for the horns and the result is just stunning.

Sent from my X10a using Tapatalk 2

Back
Top Bottom