Advent/1

Van_Isle

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Yesterday I picked up a pair of Advent/1 in wood veneer in very nice condition. Need re-foaming of course. They were from the original owner (he's 92). Local record shop picked them up with a collection of records (and a Rega Planar 2 and an Advent receiver). The turntable and receiver were spoken for but I got the speakers on-trade for re-foaming a set of speakers for the shop owner. Seemed like a pretty good deal! Pics to follow.

I love my Advents, and hope you enjoy yours. Nice deal, by the way. Please post some pictures, I'd like to see how they compare to the ones I have (original large Advents).

Advent/1 was the first 'vintage' speaker bought back in 2008. In that case, the utility cabinet version from my local thrift shop ($30 I do believe).

I also have a beat-up pair of 'The Smaller Advent Loudspeaker' and a pair of Advent/3. I had a pair of Legacy II for a short period of time.

Here are a couple pictures of the ones I just got:

Advent_1_b_zpschvntby8.jpg

Advent_1_a_zpst9hyef3q.jpg

They are, as I said, in very good condition ... just a couple minor corner dings on one. Only thing I've done to them so far is a quick wipe-down.

Here a pic from early 2009:

Advent1_LegacyII_zps95h4ydyf.jpg

Advent/1 was the first 'vintage' speaker bought back in 2008. In that case, the utility cabinet version from my local thrift shop ($30 I do believe).

I also have a beat-up pair of 'The Smaller Advent Loudspeaker' and a pair of Advent/3. I had a pair of Legacy II for a short period of time.

Here are a couple pictures of the ones I just got:

Advent_1_b_zpschvntby8.jpg

Advent_1_a_zpst9hyef3q.jpg

They are, as I said, in very good condition ... just a couple minor corner dings on one. Only thing I've done to them so far is a quick wipe-down.

Here a pic from early 2009:

Advent1_LegacyII_zps95h4ydyf.jpg
I have the early and late (like yours). I like the sound of my late model better. It's a small difference, but detectable. Having them raised makes a huge difference. Had them on the floor, sounded ok, then atop another pair of speakers and the change was notable, especially the imaging. Nice speakers.

Congrats.

Back
Top Bottom