Advent heritage

vrusso123

Picked these up for next to nothing. re-foamed the Woofers, added 2 cross-braces per speaker, new caps on the way. :banana:

Tweeters produced no sound. hooked them direct to source, sound. I have never found a crossover that failed completely, until now.

Attachments

• IMG_0268.jpg
    IMG_0268.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_0209.jpg
    IMG_0209.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 102
Dumb question, but I assume you checked the fuses? The fuse on this model only runs to the tweeter, not the woofers. Also, sometimes fuses don't break in a place that's readily visible. Either way, nice pickup of some very good speakers. I think you'll like them.

Ha. I did VISUALLY CHECK. They were blown.

These sound very laid back. Got used to the home built horn loaders. Also running tubes at about 30 watts. I will try the other taps on the amp. The Dayton polys should shine them up a bit too. The cross braces were easy, and really stiffened the sides and motor board immensely.

Ha. I did VISUALLY CHECK. They were blown.

These sound very laid back. Got used to the home built horn loaders. Also running tubes at about 30 watts. I will try the other taps on the amp. The Dayton polys should shine them up a bit too. The cross braces were easy, and really stiffened the sides and motor board immensely.
Nice lookin' set! Question: Please forgive my neophyte ignorance, but I have had a pair of these since about 1990. They served me well through college and after. I had them re-foamed just a few years back but have never looked inside of them. May I humbly ask what the purpose of the cross braces is (being acoustic suspension, they are not really bass heavy, so I'm at a loss for a guess.) Thanks!

the walls are kinda thin, taking energy from the drivers and producing a sound of their own (distortion). The difference in pressure inside the box pressurizes and de-pressurizes the room, deeper bass when the speaker walls don't flex.

the walls are kinda thin, taking energy from the drivers and producing a sound of their own (distortion). The difference in pressure inside the box pressurizes and de-pressurizes the room, deeper bass when the speaker walls don't flex.
Ahhh. I see, said the blind man.....No, that actually makes perfect sense. Thanks for the explanation. You don't happen to have any pics of this modification, do you? I might like to attempt to replicate it at some point.

I think around 50-60 bucks. I will pull a speaker and a crossover later today. post a few more pics. these speakers have only an hour or so on the rebuild. they sound "ok". not a big fan but good enough for rear in surround. Midrange is weak, shoulda been a 3-way. I never heard them before the mods.

Back
Top Bottom