Pioneer P-D70 CD Player Problems

catttman

AK Member
in wonderful shape , Plays beautiful
The only issue is, that it does not advance tracks/scan when manually pressing the < >button. It plays a cd from start to finish on its own, just cant forward tracks for some reason?

I opened her up and all looks fine
I also reflowed all the solder on the board with the buttons and tested them too did not help

I wonder if any one else has had one of these Old Silver faced CD Players
with any trouble shooting ideas

Thanks

The only issue is, that it does not advance tracks/scan when manually pressing the < >button. It plays a cd from start to finish on its own, just cant forward tracks for some reason?

I also reflowed all the solder on the board with the buttons and tested them too did not help

Thanks

You might want to try to send a PM to dr*audio who appears to be at least one of the resident gurus when it comes to CDP repair. Getting his input might be helpful. My input would be useless.

Thanks

I am Still trying to get next track buttons to advance , After cleaning all the internal cables and connector's from boards still the same
Anyone ?

most pioneers have a test mode. You turn off the power and press a button on the circuit board while starting up. The buttons should then have some functions such as to move the sled back and forth. This may be able to tell you if the buttons are OK. You will need the service manual for you model to determine this but I'd guess similar models with same transport should have same button functionality. There's a list of most cd players and their DAC and transport here: http://www.hifi-advice.com/Digital-Classics-Archives-MAIN.html

buttons do work just doesn't go to next track or FF
does back like if I am playing 6 and hit < goes to track 5
if I am playing track 6 and hit > stays on track 6
none of the > buttons advance
tested each switch they do work

thanks

There is a service manual for these at hifiengine. I have done a lot of work on my pd-73 trying to stop it skipping after playing about 2/3 of a CD and after a lot of trying to decipher the manual and using an oscilloscope I've gotten it to play 99% of CD's ok. However I actually do not have much electrical skill or experience and was flying blind most of the time. But one thing I would check is the ribbon cable which has to bend and fold each time the sled goes back and forth so has a tendency to break the printed wires which could explain why the fwd/rev signal is not getting to the sled. I also agree with other poster that dr*audio seems to be the resident cd expert.

There is a service manual for these at hifiengine. I have done a lot of work on my pd-73 trying to stop it skipping after playing about 2/3 of a CD and after a lot of trying to decipher the manual and using an oscilloscope I've gotten it to play 99% of CD's ok. However I actually do not have much electrical skill or experience and was flying blind most of the time. But one thing I would check is the ribbon cable which has to bend and fold each time the sled goes back and forth so has a tendency to break the printed wires which could explain why the fwd/rev signal is not getting to the sled. I also agree with other poster that dr*audio seems to be the resident cd expert.

I will look at that ribbon cable tonight
thanks

Back
Top Bottom