TX-7800 distortion in stereo

merkan

It works gets the stereo, locks to the station but there is distortion. When I select mono there is no distortion. Signal is between 80 and 100. What could be the problem?

I will try. Should I sprey some alcohol, would it help to clean?

I haven't sprayed anything. From what I read, its easy to permanently damage the tuning gang, and i was able to clean things up by spinning the dial.

Definitely do some research first.

I haven't sprayed anything. From what I read, its easy to permanently damage the tuning gang, and i was able to clean things up by spinning the dial.

Definitely do some research first.

I did it 4-5 times, end to end but did not help.

Is it multipath? Have you tried different stations and reorienting the antenna?

I tried with antenna, but not other stations. Now it seems fine so I cannot check :) but the problem is not always happen. There was no problem when I was testing it to buy.

I will update if happens again.

Is it multipath? Have you tried different stations and reorienting the antenna?

I found another station. I do not know if this is the same problem but, SX-780 have stereo in that one, but TX-7800 cannot go in stereo in auto mode and cannot lock, but in mono it plays well, even it have stereo if I keep my finger on the knob (tuning meter is not on the center). So it tries to lock in wrong station. I exchanged their antennas, same thing. It tune

Last edited:
I recapped the tuner and realized that the problem is with the cover! Is that possible? When I put the cover the problem occurs, when I remove it is very good :)

There was metal cover while I was buying it but we changed it to wooden cover from another tx-7800.

Back
Top Bottom