Grant Fidelity TubeDAC-11 launched

What I am wondering about specifically is, suppose you have a playlist running with Redbook source material, followed by a song sampled at 24bit-96Khz, then let's say 24bit-192Khz, followed by at song rendered at 24bit-88.2Khz. Would you hear an audible "snap" or "pop" in the speakers? My Xonar ST sound card makes an obnoxiously loud "pop" through the speakers when changing from source material of differing sample rates.
I've already established that the Schiit Bifrost uses a mechanical relay to mute such artifacts. I just want to make sure that if I chose the DAC 11, I won't have more "popping" to contend with.

I've never gotten the pop you're telling us about with my DAC-11, regardless of of what mixture of sampling rates. I hope this helps you out.

Hello,

I am thinking about getting a GF-TubeDAC-11. I have the DAC-09 with GE 5 White Star and I think it is superb. How good the DAC-11 really is compared to the DAC-09 after tube rolling?

Also, will the DAC-11 work as a phono preamp?

Thanks

Hello,

I am thinking about getting a GF-TubeDAC-11. I have the DAC-09 with GE 5 White Star and I think it is superb. How good the DAC-11 really is compared to the DAC-09 after tube rolling?

Thanks

I've owned both units and use both in two of my two channel setups. Both are exceptional value for money and hold their value very well if you ever decide to sell. Both units have a tube output which can be upgraded soundwise by rolling in tubes. The DAC-11 uses the 6922 tube which gives you lots and lots of NOS tube choices. I've settled on the pinched waist ECC-88 as the pick of the litter to my ears with the DAC-11. :music:

The DAC-11 is quite capable of functioning as a pre-amp and I have frequently done exactly that using it with my Yamamoto A08-S.

Wb

Hello,

Thanks

I had the -09 and have the -11 now. I think the -11 is a step up sonically. The stock tube is pretty good but I prefer the Mullard I'm using.

Like the -09, it does not have a phono input.

In another thread Ian Grant describes how the -11 was designed to be a true pre-amp.

Back
Top Bottom