The Best Sounding 6SN7 Tube Ever...

... is Shuguang's Treasure series CV-181 tube which is actually a 6SN7 tube and after looking through Grant Fidelity's Website today I see that they are back for sale again throgh Rachel and Ian.

Of all the 6SN7 tubes I've owned over the last few years the Treasure's stand alone on the mountain top.

Seems this guy in his review agrees:

http://www.tnt-audio.com/accessories/shuguang_treasures_cv181_e.html

Wb
I agree with your findings. The first pair I bought lasted only a few months before they started to get noisy. Thought I'd try the Psvane CV-181-T II to see how they compared. They're a very close second. They just don't have all of the magic the Shuguang's have, plus they cost twice as much. So I bought a second set of the Shuguangs and after just 3 months I'm in the process of shipping one back to China be replaced for excessive noise. There is a one year warranty, but it cost $23 to send it back. Can't do that forever. So now I'm listening with a slightly noisy left channel while I wait for it's replacement.
The reason I'm commenting is that I was wondering about other people's luck with this tube. Are others finding they don't last very long, or am I just getting very unlucky? I'm hoping I get lucky and wind up with a good set that will last a while.

I agree with your findings. The first pair I bought lasted only a few months before they started to get noisy. Thought I'd try the Psvane CV-181-T II to see how they compared. They're a very close second. They just don't have all of the magic the Shuguang's have, plus they cost twice as much. So I bought a second set of the Shuguangs and after just 3 months I'm in the process of shipping one back to China be replaced for excessive noise. There is a one year warranty, but it cost $23 to send it back. Can't do that forever. So now I'm listening with a slightly noisy left channel while I wait for it's replacement.
The reason I'm commenting is that I was wondering about other people's luck with this tube. Are others finding they don't last very long, or am I just getting very unlucky? I'm hoping I get lucky and wind up with a good set that will last a while.

I've only purchased tubes made in China from Grant Fidelity where they screen, test, match and warranty their tubes very well. Several years after purchase my CV-181 tubes are working well and sound great. They are still the best 6SN7 tube I've ever owned.

Like anything else 'buy the seller' when buying tubes.

Back
Top Bottom