Weekly Estate and Garage sale finds (pics)

That's a huge assortment of gear, but the sale company is just shooting themselves in the foot if they aren't pricing it to move. Very few people in the vicinity are going to even know what it is, let alone pay top dollar for very old and questionable condition test gear, all of which would have to be gone through to even use.

Wait till they have to consider hauling it all out of there and then PAY someone else to have it sent to the e-waste. Doubt they would even put it up on ebay - lots of trouble to photograph, list, and then inventory and store it.

This seems to be gear from 1950-60s. Obsolete and useless today. Probably will go for a price of scrap metal. Some may actually contain sizable amount of silver and other valuable materials though.

That one wasn't an estate. It was a guy who normally sells this stuff on eBay. It's his collection. Those aren't worthless by any means--the higher-end stuff is still worth something, as are all the tube testers. All the test equipment is worth something as parts--transformers, tubes, knobs, terminals, etc. I would have cheerfully bought a huge pile of stuff if it were cheap enough.

Good hunting today!

Did really well today. From a couple of estate sales I landed:

Harman Kardon 330c receiver

Yamaha M-35 2/4 channel power amp

Pinnacle Classic Gold center channel (solid box, 4 5.25" drivers and a dome tweeter; one coil from the crossover was rolling around in the box)

Sony SRS-Z1 mini-amp; possibly tripath-based

ATSC digital tuner, for my monitor that doesn't have one, to turn it into a TV. Had the remote, too

Klipsch KG-3's (very clean, black finish)

Pioneer RT-1022L reel-to-reel, with NAB adapters, manuals, and power cord

All for $120.

Attachments

• DSC_1309.jpg
    DSC_1309.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 122
  • DSC_1303.jpg
    DSC_1303.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 125
  • DSC_1305.jpg
    DSC_1305.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 132
  • DSC_1302.jpg
    DSC_1302.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 153
Oh, yeah, I passed on this cute little Realistic monotube integrated amp. $120 was over my budget for cute. Looks like it might be a 10-watt 33-303C, with two 6V6GT tubes.

Attachments

• IMG_2045[1].jpg
    IMG_2045[1].jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
Found these records at an estate sale today.. the benny goodman is still sealed and the brubeck is 6 eye mint condition.
the guess who and hot butter - popcorn 45's are cool songs,
any good ? see pics

Also found these vintage tins in the industrial waste container they had so I grabbed them ...lol

DSCF2163.jpg

DSCF2164.jpg

DSCF2165.jpg

Technically not a sale... Neighbor across the street had this out for trash pickup! Works perfect. Working batteries included!

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC_0152.jpg
    DSC_0152.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 514
PHP:
Stopped by an estate sale today about 2 hours after it opened. Lots of junk! But I happened to go in the basement and in the corner behind all of the piles of scrap fabric was a small stereo cabinet. Inside was a Pioneer SA-5500II and TX-5500II and a Akai GXR-82D 8 track recorder. :banana:
I bought it all for the Akai, the Pioneer was just a bonus!
I knew what it was because I bought and sold one about 3 years ago. This one works like a brand new one. The belt is a little loose so I will replace it, but all in all.....:thmbsp:
$50 for everything.
Ill post pics after I polish everything. VERY dusty! No damage, just dusty.
Good thing I stopped in there, everything else I seen today was garbage.

Last edited:
PHP:
Stopped by an estate sale today about 2 hours after it opened. Lots of junk! But I happened to go in the basement and in the corner behind all of the piles of scrap fabric was a small stereo cabinet. Inside was a Pioneer SA-5500II and TX-5500II and a Akai GXR-82D 8 track recorder. :banana:
I bought it all for the Akai, the Pioneer was just a bonus!
I knew what it was because I bought and sold one about 3 years ago. This one works like a brand new one. The belt is a little loose so I will replace it, but all in all.....:thmbsp:
$50 for everything.
Ill post pics after I polish everything. VERY dusty! No damage, just dusty.
Good thing I stopped in there, everything else I seen today was garbage.

After a few hours of cleaning, polishing, deoxiting and testing, this is the results! They all work like they were just pulled out of the boxes. Not an issue in any one of them. :banana:
IMG_6561_zps9d969b7b.jpg

IMG_6567_zpse165ae04.jpg

And they were covered in years of dust, yechh and smoke film. :yes:

Last edited:
It never hurts to ask!

Things have been going well lately. Today's hauls include: two pair of small later model JBL's (one pair is J216A, the other pair has the same drivers, but no model number to be seen); a very retro pair of Koss Pro4 headphones (not Pro 4 AA) in drab green; a stack of 10-1/2" reels of tape (10 rolls of TDK Audua, 7 of Scotch 207), and a pair of Infinity Reference Series Kappa 7's. Oh yeah, and a Packard Bell stereo demonstration record in a cool octagonal sleeve. All for under $150.

Attachments

• DSC_3681.jpg
    DSC_3681.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 145
  • DSC_3689.jpg
    DSC_3689.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 133
  • DSC_3685.jpg
    DSC_3685.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 98
  • DSC_3686.jpg
    DSC_3686.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 101
  • DSC_3688.jpg
    DSC_3688.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 107
Garage sale finds: April 26 2014

1. 1981 Sharp GF-5656 Boombox - Paid $10.00
2. Vintage Eveready batteries - Paid $0.50
3. Vintage Tins - Paid $1.00
4. Jim Croce sealed cassette and tow 45's - Paid $1.00
5. Vintage Oil filter Remover tool - Paid $0.50

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Boombox pics:

DSCF2173.jpg

DSCF2175.jpg

DSCF2176.jpg

DSCF2177.jpg

DSCF2178.jpg

DSCF2179.jpg

DSCF2180.jpg

DSCF2181.jpg

DSCF2182.jpg

Someone pointed me to estatesales.net, where they have an interactive map, and a good core of estate sale practitioners. Since it's all estate sales, I've noticed that the quality of listings is higher than craigslist.

Back
Top Bottom