Denon DP62L/Grace F9e?

santa

What do you guys think about a Denon DP62 with Grace F9e ruby cart in very good condition.
Priced at $600.
Your thoughts?

It didn't come with that cartridge when new (not for $595) and new prices aren't all that relevant to his question anyway. Market pricing on audio gear can be way below what it was new or soaring above it, depending on age & collectible status.

Seems in-line to me but depends on whether it has both arms, both headshells, all of the counterweights, is working correctly, and whether the cartridge/stylus are also ok. Other variables are box (yes/no), manual, cosmetics (cover & veneer on plinth), etc.

John

List price when new is a good way to determine where it was in a manufacturers' line, be it entry level or higher end. At $595, it wasn't their TOTL but was definitely way up there.
There are plenty of resources available to see what they actually sell for. Denon makes some excellent tt's.

The Grace F9E Ruby is a wonderful cartridge. I have the SoundSmith Ruby OCL on mine. It is very detailed and revealing, the better the vinyl the better. Not so much the other way round. My rougher records get the much more forgiving Grado Gold. Those Denon's are very nice and I hope to have one some day. The older they get the more I like the simplicity of the 'L' arm over the servo. I think the price is excellent, especially if the stylus has low hours. I spent $400 on the SS Ruby OCL stylus alone, so you know I might be a bit biased. Many folks said the F9E Ruby was the best MM cartridge ever made. I dunno there's too many I haven't heard to say, but it does sound amazing:)

$600 is easly in the ballpark for a DP-62 and as mentioned if it has all the goodies could go quite a bit higher. A Grace Ruby cartridge/stylus is $300 and up. If both in very good condition as described by the OP I'd say this is an excellent deal.

Back
Top Bottom