I'm baaack!

Rob

I finally got myself back on the internet after more than a week. We had a tornado hit power lines in my area last week and the surge that resulted somehow confused and shut down my UPS causing my computer to crash. The hard drive got badly corrupted and all I was able to do since was completely lose everything on it from running windoz scandisc. It somehow managed to pooch the FAT. The computer that it was in also suffered a motherboard failure. I am running a P-200 now that was not configured for the internet and was my audio testing suite downstairs. That one got badly corrupted with viri and trojans somehow in the brief 10 minutes or so I had it on the internet last friday. I only just got it cleaned up today by taking the HD to someone else.

Anyhow....I've missed all the fun here and must now try to catch up. Thank you Botrytis for the donnation of the HD. I plan to get it from Tim shortly. It will help me get another computer going so I can still have an audio testing suite. Thank you also CaptainMoody for offering a computer. Since I am one short that will be very happily accepted and will help me out a lot. I understand I will be ablke to get it from you when you travel to the Rochester AWA meet. Thank you guys!!!!!

Cheers,
Rob

Glad to see you back Rob! Gawd I hate it when the ole puter gets smoked. It's like going through withdrawals not being able to get on to the internet. Glad that help came your way via the forum here. What a bunch eh? :thmbsp:

Rochester? As in New York? :dunno:

Yeppers, Rochester's about an hour away from me.

Big meet coming up in less than two weeks!

Back
Top Bottom