Triode Wire Labs & The LM 518ia

Very good Oscar, that is about the course I am on also, end of year probably...Take care!

Indeed, back to TWL.

And speaking of the Triode Wire Labs....you guys who want an outstanding product...cables, power cords and interconnect, aught to be seriously looking to purchasing a pair......these things are priced way below their performance.

With 300+ hours the combination continues to to be faithful to the music.

Recordings that i thought were so so sound better not worse, the great moments in these recordings are brought to the forefront, and great recordings, well, still sound great. I`m continued to be impressed. It`s the best 5k i have spent in audio in decades.

Hi KT77

TWL is better to type lol.

I have always believed in upgrading power cords. The issue i see is that one has to take a leap of faith, i personally have not found and to be honest had given up on trying to find a power cord in the $100, $200, $300 price range that made a sonic improvement. They might look better but that is about it. So i understand why some who have bought these cords are non believers in power cords making an improvement in sonics and were unwilling to take that leap into the 1k and 2k and above cables which do make sonic improvements.

This is why i was hesitant at first with a TWL purchase, been there done that with the lower priced cables. But after conversation with Pete and Bryon and TWL`s 30 day money back trial period i thought what the heck.

TWL has found something that works at a price point that most can enjoy, i do not know what it is and i don`t care. The improvements in sonics between the stock power cord and the TWL power cord is profound with the 518, not sure if the change would be so profound with all equipment as the 518 knows when anything is changed, tubes, interconnects, speaker cable ect. will make a noticeable change in it`s sonic signature.

Being retired i listen to music an average of 5-7 hours a day, it also gives me time to audition lots of equipment in shops and home with equipment that i`m allowed to bring home. I have had the best DAC`s, CD players, and HiRez players at my home and nothing has improved the sound as much as the TWL 7+ power cord, like i said best $500 i have ever spent in audio.

Hi RH67,

I must apologize for being late to the party, as I don't check in as often as I once did, but it's nice to see that after 300 hours, it's all coming together for you, as I see/hear it one never knows which flavor of cables and cords are capable of unlocking the magic?, if they aren't willing to at least be open minded enough to sample things out.

Truth be told, the TWL AC Cords along with the CRL Bronze Series Cables are some of the best sounding stuff I've owned, and then taking into account neither cost an arm and a leg............, well it then becomes a no-brainer.

And to me!, it seems you've indeed found a wonderful balance of strengths in both said LM 518 IA and TWLs, and I'd say ride them out, lest you wish to start all over?.

Happy Listening.

Regards,
o_Oh

And speaking of the Triode Wire Labs....you guys who want an outstanding product...cables, power cords and interconnect, aught to be seriously looking to purchasing a pair......these things are priced way below their performance.

Brotha B,

I couldn't agree more............, as something's are more worthy of music lovers attention then others, and in that light it's best to invest in them before their prices increase, or never know what might've been!. Should is life.............

Peace,
:D_oh

Brotha B,

I couldn't agree more............, as something's are more worthy of music lovers attention then others, and in that light it's best to invest in them before their prices increase, or never know what might've been!. Should is life.............

Peace,
:D_oh

Yes sir! What I have been noticing about Triode Pete and his TWL cables and power cords....they are starting to show up more and more on those audio show videos...you know, those Audio show reports from all the audio shows from all over the world. They are shown with all kinds of systems. That's saying something. And they are getting great reviews as well....might not be that long before they go up in price.

Yes sir! What I have been noticing about Triode Pete and his TWL cables and power cords....they are starting to show up more and more on those audio show videos...you know, those Audio show reports from all the audio shows from all over the world. They are shown with all kinds of systems. That's saying something. And they are getting great reviews as well....might not be that long before they go up in price.

I heard that, the one thing I can add..........., some well kept secrets, don't remain so very long, but as the olde adage goes - the proof is in the pudding/listening ( or something to that effect ) either way one sees/hears it?, they're more deserving of a wider audience.

Be well, Brotha B.

Back
Top Bottom