PS Audio's Sprout Kickstarter woos Millennials

Any one have one of these yet? By that I mean the Kickstarter investors. I noticed on their web site if you order now you can get it by December 1, still not shipping.

The amp is probably pretty decent - if it has Abeltecs like the Teac then it will sound good.

What surprises me most is the cost of some of PS Audios DACS on their web site, you have to be kidding me.

Any one have one of these yet? By that I mean the Kickstarter investors. I noticed on their web site if you order now you can get it by December 1, still not shipping.

Apparently, the first 1000 have hit PS Audio, and they're being shipped out as they're QC'd. The first ones are in the hands of the Kickstarter investors.

Last edited:
Apparently the QC process is taking some time while they are adding a layer of additional shielding & other issue fixes before they hit the Kickstarter shipping list.

Steve Guttenberg seems to be the first pro reviewer to the table who's had the chance to take one home. His reaction was lukewarm, and no doubt added urgency to PS Audio's QC efforts.

Meanwhile, Music Direct is taking pre-orders at full $799 retail price for delivery in December.

The Kickstarter backers have to square themselves with having essentially taken a discount in exchange for being Sprout's beta testers. A handful of samples does not necessarily predict what how the production units will come out. I suppose, to be fair, that's how most small-run electronics products work, let alone crowd-funded electronics manufactured by a third party. You can't fault PS Audio too much.

Have been enjoying my Sprout for a few weeks now. Simple, small, and sounds great with my ADS 570/2.
f850bf5a15bdd99ecb89d28957e343c0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom