Rega Elicit R vs Creek Evolution 100A

In the price range your original units sold for you could look at the Cyclops Extreme which would be a pretty huge step up from the base model. .

Yes, I'd only consider the Extreme version.

At this point, I'm really leaning toward the Sonneteer Alabaster but there's something about the Cyclops Extreme that speaks to me.

Thanks to all for your suggestions. I thought I'd post an update (don't we all hate it when an OP asks for suggestions and then disappears?).

I weighed the pros and cons but for now, opted against the Sonneteer. Maybe in the future in another room as part of a nice intimate system.

I'm going with the Odyssey Cyclops. I primarily stream Tidal so the minimalist design works for me. The higher current will also allow me to use it with a wider variety of speakers. I've been intrigued by this amp for a while so I figured what the heck. I also like the way Klaus thinks, what he says (some of which would get him into hot water with some here on AK) and the philosophy behind Odyssey Audio. Klaus definitely tells it like it is, I find that refreshing in this hobby.

Reviews like this didn't hurt either:

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/tas-195-odyssey-audio-khartago-stereo-amplifier/

Glad you enjoyed your conversation with Klaus. They are always enlightening and entertaining for sure. After 16 years I never know what to expect.

Last edited:
After having spent 6 months with the Creek evolution 100a I can honestly say it is stunning. If there is a more affordable integrated amplifier with this level of sound quality i'm yet to hear it. It easily beats the competition at the price. It beats equivalent new Cyrus gear on attack and speed, beats Naim on prat. It's is not a warm sound but not necessarily bright either. I find it to be very neutral. Where I think this amplifier excels is in the midrange clarity. With Harbeth SHL5plus it's perfection. If I had to pick a slight weakness it would be in Soundstage depth. Creek gear never gets much press coverage in UK mags especially, therefore most people avoid them. But believe me if you do a thorough listening test the Evolution 100a is unbeatable at the price.

Back
Top Bottom