Emotiva separates

Thanks cubs. I do own these babies now but I didn't mean to keep them long, although the temptation is there :) I genuinely believe these are very high quality SS gear that represent such value for money. Hell I'd be convinced if someone told me the remote is worth half the retail price of the pre!

But it may be specific to the particular examples I have.

Sent from my X10a using Tapatalk 2

The problems Emotiva had in the past is just that, in the past. As for their products being made in China, I do know that most of their products are made in Franklin Tennessee.

If you're not a fan of Emotiva, then why bother posting? If you feel you must post something, then tell the OP congrats and move on.

I see, you should only post your experience if it's positive, otherwise shove off. Good one!

Please provide proof that "most of their products are made in Franklin". They've always been made in China, and the very first American assembled product(from foreign components) is the XMC.

On a side note, I noticed that for some reason they've started selling Music Hall turntables. This means that they won't be building their own as they had planned. I wonder if they'll get around to tube products as they promised, has anyone any updates?

Chill out guys, I don't really care what's posted here as long as they're relevant.

I'd prefer posts reflecting direct experiences though.

Well I know that I'm chilled out, but I can't speak for anyone else. On the idea that you'll get only posts with certain content, I wish you luck.

:D

What sarcasm? Just reflecting on the kinds of responses one sees in a thread.

Last edited:
I have the DC-1 dac, ERC-1 cdp & the USP-1 pre. They sound good, are a bargain & have been very reliable. I have no plans of replacing them. I think you did yourself very well. Congrats!

I've had good luck with my UMC-200 and XPA-5 used in the HT which gets daily use (largely from wifey). The amp was purchased in 2011 while the processor was upgraded from an earlier model in 2013.

The processor got taken out by a lightning storm once, but was quickly replaced under warranty. I share your view they provide good value for the money.

ht201503.jpg

Last edited:
My experience with Emotiva so far has been very positive with no issues. My XPA-5 Gen 2 amp sounds better than expected, but it's not going to replace my Yamaha B-2's for my main speakers anytime soon. I wouldn't turn up my nose at it either. You would need to spend a lot more money on a new system to better them. For HT duty they are perfect. For your main stereo system - I found them to be on par with a nicely renovated Yamaha M-2, and that's nothing to sneeze at.

No experience with their newer, better, more expensive line, but I would still expect it to be a value compared to other offerings at the same performance level.

Back
Top Bottom