New Vincent SV-237 on the way.

This amp has been a great purchase. My stereo sounds better than it ever has. I probably have 250 plus hours on it and would welcome some suggestions for tube swaps. Not that it needs anything, but I would like to hear some differences.

This amp has been a great purchase. My stereo sounds better than it ever has. I probably have 250 plus hours on it and would welcome some suggestions for tube swaps. Not that it needs anything, but I would like to hear some differences.

Do you still have the information I sent you about what size tubes and matching numbers? IF so, I would look for those and if possible just tube roll to get the sound you like. Not every brand of tubes makes the same numbers. I don't like my amp to be really warm sounding, so I stick with Tungsram and Valvo and a few others...and I don't want a sound that's really SS sounding so there are certain tubes I stay away from. You may be different, but you wont know unless you try. I suggest you send Oscar an PM and ask him about tubes.

Hi GP Hill,

As someone whom has taken great lengths to research tubes as far back as 2003, by investing $5.000 on as many tubes it'd buy at the time, and then going through various combinations of both American and Europeans tubes to understand how to form certain sounds in using these designs in tandem. I've found one needs to focus their attention on which factory the actual tubes were producing in more so then brand - as many brands had upwards of 3 - 5 different factories and some offered better sound as well as resolution compared to what are often the most commonly found versions, which are common for said reasons.

If you'd care to email me directly at

Ei6ca7@yahoo.com

Where we can discuss just what type of sonics you're going after?, as well as which types of tubes are needed?, I'll offer you several combinations that should've you in awe............., as Byron mentioned earlier on, this is one of those areas where I do pride myself quiet highly on having gone to the extremes where some tend to pursue the same olde same olde when it comes to flavors of tubes, namely Amperex - Mullard and Telefunken while limiting themselves to tubes which are cheaper, as well as superior sounding depending upon how one uses them collectively.

Transparency and Resolution, as well as absolute Neutrality should be ones main objective, should it not?.

So whenever you've a moment?, reach out........, and lets get you squared away.

Peace,
o_O scar

Do you still have the information I sent you about what size tubes and matching numbers? IF so, I would look for those and if possible just tube roll to get the sound you like. Not every brand of tubes makes the same numbers. I don't like my amp to be really warm sounding, so I stick with Tungsram and Valvo and a few others...and I don't want a sound that's really SS sounding so there are certain tubes I stay away from. You may be different, but you wont know unless you try. I suggest you send Oscar an PM and ask him about tubes.

Hey little Brotha,

It's nice to see that you're still happy with the Tungsram and Valvo's, who knew?. And I'm still awaiting these CDR's you promised.

Later Bro.
o_Oh

I changed the 12ax7 tube to a Gold Lion so I took the top off and took a pic. Seems like a good change to my ears. This amp sounded great before and now seems both sweeter, and tighter, not a huge difference, but noticeable.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 136
GP Hill, I'm thinking of picking up a Vincent sv 237 are you still enjoying yours? Have you made any changes?

I purchased a Vincent SV 237 last September and have been slowly breaking it in the last few months. Thanks so much for this thread as it has definitely been helpful.
I am using it to run some PSB Stratus Silvers. It's a fantastic amplifier, and I like it so much more than the Solid State Parasound it replaced. I'm totally blown away by how good it sounds at low volume. I am at the point I would like to try some other tubes. Would any of you have an opinion about the two 6N1P-EV tubes?
Searching around there seems to be very little information about replacing them and I always seem to be redirected to other tubes 6DJ8, ECC88, 6922. Which are similar, but not exactly the same.
Or should I just focus on the 12AX7? For my ear I think my system is a bit bright on the high end ( I listen to a lot of Spotify Premium ). So I would like to try some other tubes and see if I can fine tune the high end a bit. I would also appreciate some recommends on a power cord.

I wish this thread didn't die. I'm considering replacing my Pioneer SX-1010 with the SV-237 or the SV-500. Wes and GP Hill are you both still using yours? Ever wish you had more power? How's the clarity?

I've had mine for a year and a half and still love it. I would not hesitate to recommend!!
l8pcIhuIx7G3K3A-_s5r-jON7bVH6OPzUEMOR56E6xCuCOJ3nPlnH5Pszw9oVOyJRzvurSjkD6cytoGdp59w033NMMeJgr7IzyutKP7yrHnG0q4y2Izfy7OWQF5Gpu5P5IKEx1amgDLQbdPzMPH27OX-U5VhoVM1BYxoESn6glPK3Un5MOjEc_z8V8hNj8jNw-DFIJU_Pk1IW_vHmnTwZw4k387RWxTJbKyEj7IFkupq7TrsrY2DxsOrCRaZOV0EgayFGfczuLatGI1uyQvYTR-GTXU36D-DWRMPnhJs5MqL_Y7EH_UqjhkRpio4wtnRk7kp0FYOBbuPZUMyrrZaBz26oNV0ZU-JHbZMHuCPMqyIlZZ5oEJWqlnQr9Kc8ct9hDQgRMGRyKPS-j3jBsBcmxf4OpLJIaj224gZr_oiP9Qerb3pTKxqIX26aOIMIgkgfMD16u9JOoHKlWCMGZH20RNef2qssthyvRvDfWhDPhJTQ-m5Gw0PxdaWJr0qV5oZlTcuLNF4QhSOWUwVC5uJU7d0Df3qcVaGjmxLvpv0rMlGvi-NHPIUAlfUqiL7aDJNobUk5wYKHaFqsXvRtXGmTb32nan2qY9eWusNF4FLxfzJoMw3sfO661ue=w806-h604-no

I'm reviving this thread because I just got what might be the last NOS SV-237 available. Got mine from Audio Advisor as a closeout. Sounds very nice. A lot of power for my little Ascend Acoustics Sierra 2s. I'm breaking it in and currently have about 25-30 hours on it. I have 30 days to evaluate it with the return policy but right now it's looking like a keeper. I was impressed by all the positive reviews on these Vincent integrated amps. Built like a tank with very nice and smooth controls. Currently enjoying some Miles Davis Kind Of Blue.

I took in one of the last weekends a sv 237 from my local dealer, I have musical fidelity pair to cabasse murano speakers, and the vincent is much better matching to those speakers, two things bothering me. First the treble and bass equaliser, I wasn't able to listen to the amp without using those a equalizers with out them the music was lacking bass and to harsh, I was need to dial the bass to 1 o'clock and the treble to 10 o'clock, also the loudness function In low volume the loudness just destroy the sound, I have this option on my vintage sansui 7070 and it's works far nicer . The amp is still new I estimate that it work less the 100 hours and didn't yet finish the break in period, I wish that one of the senior owners of this amp can refer to that, is after the break in period the natural sound is getting better so you don't need to interfere with the tre&bass eqo, I know that this thing is individual but you must a gree with me that not loveing the natural sound of amp and using in permanent way the eqo is not a good sign, maybe it is just during the break in period and after it using those eqo possibilities will be less in use.
Just to be clear I was very impress from this amp and loved the music which came out of it.

I took in one of the last weekends a sv 237 from my local dealer, I have musical fidelity pair to cabasse murano speakers, and the vincent is much better matching to those speakers, two things bothering me. First the treble and bass equaliser, I wasn't able to listen to the amp without using those a equalizers with out them the music was lacking bass and to harsh, I was need to dial the bass to 1 o'clock and the treble to 10 o'clock, also the loudness function In low volume the loudness just destroy the sound, I have this option on my vintage sansui 7070 and it's works far nicer . The amp is still new I estimate that it work less the 100 hours and didn't yet finish the break in period, I wish that one of the senior owners of this amp can refer to that, is after the break in period the natural sound is getting better so you don't need to interfere with the tre&bass eqo, I know that this thing is individual but you must a gree with me that not loveing the natural sound of amp and using in permanent way the eqo is not a good sign, maybe it is just during the break in period and after it using those eqo possibilities will be less in use.
Just to be clear I was very impress from this amp and loved the music which came out of it.
That amp needs a lot of hours to run in before it comes into its own. I purchased a new Vincent power amp about 4 years ago and out the box it sounded great, then the sound would change for the worse them back to great then worse again until it stopped changing and it was great. So give it time.

That amp needs a lot of hours to run in before it comes into its own. I purchased a new Vincent power amp about 4 years ago and out the box it sounded great, then the sound would change for the worse them back to great then worse again until it stopped changing and it was great. So give it time.
Thx, do you think that the sv237 can easily drive my speakers cabass Murano nominal impedance 8 ohm, minimal impedance 3.4, sensitivity 87, power peak 1000W

I just ordered a Vincent SV 237 with Vincent PHO 701 at the local dealer.

This is the very first time in my life that I purchase brand new audio gear.

Looking forward to this amp!

:)

Back
Top Bottom