After years of experience, what will be a better T-Amp?

jonkarni

Hy guys!

I want to buy a t-amp, and wanted to ask you which one will be better?

The ones I found are:
DTA-120 VS TP-22
VX1, and TP10
(I heard that the TP20 was the best, but it seems that it was discontinued...)

I am looking for one that will give me a 25W at least, and for the other I need only the quality (small room...)

Can you help me? and do you know any better amps than these?

Thanks,
JonKarni

I've owned SMSL amps and always thought they were quite nice. If you are in the U.S. You can get that amp off amazon for $79 and have it in a few days with a good return policy if you don't like it — better than waiting for shipping from overseas.

- Woody

Thanks for the fast replay!

Ohh! I never saw it...
Soooo, the next question is, is this amp is good:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/UK-SMSL-SA-...420?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item58c4cbd7bc

(I want one that is build...)

If you will tell me that there is a better SQ board than a finished version, then what is the best SQ board version for me to buy?

P.s
Is there any good reviews of it that you can link me?

I am looking for one that will give me a 25W at least, and for the other I need only the quality (small room...)

The amps you list vary wildly in both features and real-world power output.

Rather than ask people to toss out their favorites based on your scant information, why not answer some questions first about what features you need for each of the two amps you want to buy. That will narrow the field CONSIDERABLY.

For each amp you're looking for:
Are you looking specifically for a Class T (Tripath) amp, or are you open to other Class D designs?
Need a headphone output?
Need a remote?
How many analog inputs do you need?
Do you need digital inputs, and what type?

For each pair of speakers you intend to use:
What is the impedance?
What is the rated sensitivity?
How big is your room?
How low can these speakers play?
How far away from them will you be?
How loud, generally speaking, do you intend to play them?

seriously, im not sure if I understand this thread
imo and ime, and in the experience of many people in this hobby, class D or class t is not even close to good class A- AB or Tubes amps.
I dont know why in some forum, class D is believe to be some kind of technological advance. it is not.
they can make very good cheap amps and will certainly compete with the cheap receiver or badly designed amps. but when you get into serious hifi, those amps are not the best at all.

the topping and all the cheap 100$ amps are great bang for the buck but not much more then that. for bang for the buck, id still take a gainclone over any of those cheap amps. comparing topping tp-20 with my gainclone is totally clear that gainclone is in another league.

For class D that can be quite good, look no further then hypex or abletec but it gets pricey and id still spend my money on well designed class a, ab or tubes. I guess devialet is also excellent but its not just class d, it uses some class a or ab stages and cost 5k.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom