Looking for a CD player -

mfm22

want to keep it under 500 under $400 even better :yes

single player is fine ,less complicated is good . Just want best quality sound for the $$
Marantz CD 6005 @$ 500 or CD5005 @ $400 these are on the radar

Both of the ones you chose would be tops on my list with the CD6005 at the very top.

I have had the CD6005 for a year and a half, I'm very happy with it.

I'm using it also with my iPhone and iPad, and a 1Tb USB hard-disk with WAV files.

wound up with NAD 546 BEE .
Has Wolfson DAC & some upgrades in electronics
got a good deal .
Have the 516 -which is very nice so this should be better:yes:

I have found MUCH success scoring real nice cd players on CraigsList and places like Goodwill and pawn stores. I am using a Denon DVD-2910 as my primary cd player/SACD and DVD-AUDIO player and LOVE it! New it retailed for $599, I bought it for $35! Looked brand new when I bought it too, like it had rarely been used.

CD Players

I have a NAD C-520, circa 1999, running through an Arcam rlink DAC. For roughly $250, I can't complain at all. (The DAC was $199 and the CD player, $50 on CL). If you already have a DAC, the choice of used, decent quality CD players (with digital outs) is significant.

Same Question with a twist

Would your answer be the same if it were intended that an Emotiva XDA-2 DAC were being used?
Then what would be a good transport, new for under $400 preferably?

I have had the Onkyo c7030 for about 1.5 years and I still think its the best cd player available for the price.

I don't play CD's very much, so I bought the Onkyo C7030 and have to say it sounds very nice. Much better than my old Yamaha DVD player.

Recommendation

I have a NAD C-520, circa 1999, running through an Arcam rlink DAC. For roughly $250, I can't complain at all. (The DAC was $199 and the CD player, $50 on CL). If you already have a DAC, the choice of used, decent quality CD players (with digital outs) is significant.

Can you recommend a "budget" CD player to be used as a transport with an Emotiva DAC?

You could change your focus to a good sounding DAC and then just get a quiet transport to acutally run the CD.

I have a pretty decent Yamaha CD player and have a modded Teradak DAC that I am satisfied with.

Back
Top Bottom