The Absolute Sound Editors Choice Awards - 7 integrated Amps for less than $1000

Having just purchased a modern pair of speakers, Paradigm Reference Studio 100 v.4's, I may be on the hunt for a modern integrated. The Rega and the Marantz look interesting.:scratch2: Thanks also for the link.

I've owned two of those. My wife is currently using the Brio-R which we both enjoy very much.

That Marantz, along with it's siblings and CD players, are getting constant rave reviews.

I would own a Brio R myself if they'd just add a balance knob.

It's simply amazing what you can get for under a grand now-a-days. Especially those around $600!

As for the Marantz, those new models are really nice and will go some ways to giving the China high-end manufacturers a good name. As I've said before, there's very good evidence inside them that they are being built by Shanling. (yes, I am biased)

It's simply amazing what you can get for under a grand now-a-days. Especially those around $600!

As for the Marantz, those new models are really nice and will go some ways to giving the China high-end manufacturers a good name. As I've said before, there's very good evidence inside them that they are being built by Shanling. (yes, I am biased)

As you should be you have a very nice amp. It's folks like Shanling, Jungson, Line Magnetic and so on that may just help Chinese audio manufacturers move in to the mainstream. Many folks never thought it would happen for Japan and South Korea. They were wrong.

That Jolida Glass is hard to deny, clean.
On the other hand, whats up with both those NADs??
They look like NOS from the early 1990s ( especially that C 356 BEE )

What kind of speakers would you get with the Jolida FX10? It's only 10W...

Efficient as possible, horn loaded heritage speakers would make a grand marriage, like Klipsch K-horns, LaScalas, etc....10 good watts would be plenty

What kind of speakers would you get with the Jolida FX10? It's only 10W...

My list would include speakers made by Tekton, Zu, Blumenstein, Acuhorn, Hornshoppe, Hawthorne, Emerald Physics, Omega, Decware to name a few.

Most of these perform great with 3 watts!

I'm not complaining, just curious. Thread started on 10 amps. Most had 70 watts or more. I have no beef with opinions, it just seems like thread went off at a tangent fro speakers towards one low powered amp.

Back
Top Bottom