GE 1100 equalizer

mallynoshow

Hi all,

just picked up an 1100 cheap because the reverb display doesn't work. I suspect the lamp driver transistor may have gone. Any one had a similar experience with these EQ's. I'm intermediate at DIY but this looks pretty straight forward. I've tracked down the spare parts and there on there way. Any advice before i take the bark off?

Did you ever get yours going? Mine has 3 of the 5 lamps burned out. I would like to change them, but don't know the specs, so can't order them. You wouldn't know what they are, would you?

Anyone ?

Did anyone come up with place to get the bulbs/display for the reverb going ?

I did. I ordered the bulbs from DWojo. I can't remember the specs now, but they were a little dimmer than I think they were supposed to be. They worked well enough though. I sold it back to the guy I bought it from after I fixed it.

Wow, talk about a quick response ! DWojo I am guessing he is an AudioKarma Dude right ? Also I have not taken but one bulb out and it tested good so I wondered If one gos out do they all go out ? Is the wiring in series ?? Thanks for your quick help !

Wow, talk about a quick response ! DWojo I am guessing he is an AudioKarma Dude right ? Also I have not taken but one bulb out and it tested good so I wondered If one gos out do they all go out ? Is the wiring in series ?? Thanks for your quick help !

I think there were 5 bulbs with 3 circuits. Center was on it's own. The middle left and middle right were hooked together and the far left and far right were hooked together, so if you took one out of a pair, the other didn't work.

OK, looks like I may have a total different problem then as none of my lights work. I am still gonna take em out (one day) and check all the bulbs as it still could be a bad bulb issue. So biggal76 is DWojo an AudioKarma person in case I need the bulbs ?

Hi guys, did it make a complete restoration on the GE 1100 eq? What have you changed
2014 is the last time I posted here and I cannot recall what I did with EQ. I think I may have given it away to a friend of mine who wanted it. I would think that being this thread is so old that if it were me I would go to the Kenwood/Trio section of the homepage and start a new thread.

Back
Top Bottom