My first recap... Trio MEL40

eddantes

Drone, Sector 7-G
I just wanted to share with you my first recap. I traded a pair of Tangent RS6 speakers for this AGS Trio MEL 40. I very much wanted a tube receiver and this one came up so... I tried it. All caps have been replaced, some wire runs that looked burned but the most trouble was with the MPX board with a resistor that failed slowly with heat. As an integrated it sounds great but as a tuner only so-so. I think it needs mode adjusting. I have it paired with some EV Esquires and it played Brothers in Arms wonderfully. I'm posting from a phone while enduring a wedding... :) Look as some pics.

4OyDj.jpg

5YTbI.jpg

ISgCi.jpg

Cm1M1.jpg

GZEDN.jpg

Last edited:
Images fixed.

BTW - I have a schematic. It's in the original owners manual that I also have. If you'd like a better photo let me know.

TIQEl.jpg

GvUwq.jpg

0KZna.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting design for the MPX system. I suppose that was an optional add-on or something?

Nice looking set.

I just acquired one of those, part of an old console with a dual 1009 turntable, Would you happen to still have a parts list for the recap ?

Thanks!

i have one of these....
the amp works great but the tuners do not.
i have to check tubes first but i will need the alignment procedure. does anyone have that??

Back
Top Bottom