Picked up empty barzilay cabs..

vaathi

baski
Subscriber
Recently picked up beautiful barzilay cabinets :yes: without crossover and the drivers :thumbsdn: ... Woofer cutout is 12" Diameter and tweeter cutout is 4.5" Diameter with a 5" tube of 5" Diameter acting as port. Cabinets are in really good condition... What should I do next... I have line on Le14a from a seller... I guess I may have to resize the woofer cutout to accomodate Le14a... Cabinet dimension is 29x27x18.5... What other options I have with respect to tweeter and Crossover...
Some pic of the cabinets..

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Inside of the cabinets

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• BarzilayCab3.jpg
    BarzilayCab3.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 310
  • BarzilayCabs2.jpg
    BarzilayCabs2.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 313
  • IMG_5202.jpg
    IMG_5202.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 306
  • IMG_5205.jpg
    IMG_5205.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 306
  • BarzilayCabs1.jpg
    BarzilayCabs1.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 311
  • BarzilayCab7.jpg
    BarzilayCab7.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 308
They are beautiful and look good with your decor.

It might be best to tell us what kind of amp power you plan on driving them with.

The LE14 version of the econowave is pretty close to a slam dunk if the baffle comes out for modifications.

I did that to mine. Looks and sounds great. I think i have pics of the build on here somewhere.

I think baffles comes out... I have drivers for Econowave but I don't want to do it in this cab. I have a klipsch heresy cab for Econowave experiment which I can cut however I want...
Djnagle... I looked at your gorgeous build thread...I love those horns and color... What is it and where did u get it from? As you suggested it is flimsy for a cabinet that size.. I will take your advice and brace it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great cabinets. One thing to keep in mind is that those grills act as an aggressive filter for high frequencies so you may want to consider replacing them with acoustically transparent grill cloth. Or maybe you're going deaf and can't hear those high frequencies anyway!? Either way have fun and keep us posted.

I have to get some of those gorgeous horns... In spite of Tinnitus... I can hear whole range even dog whistle (got to stop incessant barking of mean one next door)... lol... Still I would go ahead an replace the grill material when I am rebuilding it... How good is Stpehens Full Range speakers?

Great cabinets. One thing to keep in mind is that those grills act as an aggressive filter for high frequencies so you may want to consider replacing them with acoustically transparent grill cloth. Or maybe you're going deaf and can't hear those high frequencies anyway!? Either way have fun and keep us posted.

Please don't replace the grills!!! The grills are 99% of the flare!

My vote would be Stephens fr12 with a Stephens bullitt tweeter

that would be my choice as well unless you have enough width then Id say stuff a pair Stephen fr150's or University 315c's in the cabs and add a JBL 075 mounted nicely on top of each cabinet with a simple custom x-over.
goodluck

hunter

Back
Top Bottom