Help with these type connections, JBL Urei 6260

Fella on the first page says that he uses a 1/4" phono jack with RCA adapter with success on his 6230...

one of these i presume

its a mono jack and should provide for a balanced connection from what I understand

That type of adapter or those similar, gold plated, right angle, etc. Are what you want.

The adapter will not provide a balanced connection, but it will properly facilitate your unbalanced/RCA connection to feed a balanced input.

Those are input attenuators. Set them so your pre-amp volume control is mid-level at your normal-to-high listening level for a start.

I like RCA-to-1/4" adapters or these with my Crown amps:

http://www.shopblt.com/item/pyle-pprc-j05-rca-cable/q724_pprcj05.html

PPRCJ05.jpg

First I have seen these. For the price it does not seem worth making your own

:thmbsp:

First I have seen these. For the price it does not seem worth making your own

:thmbsp:

Shipping was free and they arrived in two days! I've used these for years but the sets from this source I just got last week. Same brand (Pyle), cheap "disco" stuff for patch-bays, but they work fine for pro amps.

I always have a spare cache of 1/4-to-RCA adapters, too. Simple and effective if you already have RCA-to-RCA cables, and who doesn't?

Fella on the first page says that he uses a 1/4" phono jack with RCA adapter with success on his 6230...

one of these i presume

its a mono jack and should provide for a balanced connection from what I understand

That is the one. The other adaptor cable will work but I have found that type of RCA connector to be tough on sometimes fragile RCA jacks.

Back
Top Bottom