EPI m100 specs?

jleon92f

Addicted Member
Hi, I was given a Pair of EPI M100's. Anyone know what the specs are, Etc.
Thanks,
John.:music::D

Last edited:
Are yours the originals with the butyl surround woofers and masonite ring/ paper tweeter?

Excellent speakers, dead simple to replace the single 10uf cap. I also replaced the spring-clip terminals with a banana-plug terminal cup (eliminated the tweeter adj knob).

Looks like the woofers have been reconed, tweeters are original. Do they make or does anyone recommend replacement speakers for this model?
Cabinets are VG condition, walnut.

Thanks,

Human Speakers sells replacement drivers, but requires the original driver to be sent in for most models. Check their website again.

I came across a pair of EPI M-100 speakers that were reasonable price, I was blown away on the sound these speakers produce, I quickly found myself unhooking my other more expensive speakers & just running these, they simple produce better sound quality @ half the size.:music:

Hi, jleon92f! I just received a pair of EPI M100 speakers for FREE! I ordered the grills and surrounds for the woofers and will replace the capacitors. Since you are in Mesa, AZ and I am in Prescott, AZ, where is the best place to get the capacitors? How did your restoration on these M100s go and do you still enjoy them?

since EPI used a minimalist xover, i would splurge;) on an esoteric audiophile capacitor. Madisound has them, PE too.

Hi, I was given a Pair of EPI M100's. Anyone know what the specs are, Etc.
Thanks,
Who cares? They sound wonderful. In their day, the EPI m100 and the Dynaco A25 were about tied for best speakers in their size and price class, and competitive with good speakers costing several times their price.

Make sure you get earlier ones with the inverted dome tweeters. Late ones, like the "Time Aligned" or "TA" series used generic drivers. EPI had been bought by some other company by then. The late models weren't awful. They just weren't wonderful any more.

Back
Top Bottom