Question

bwatt500

i am looking at a pair of optimus model 27 speakers,and i was wondering if anyone here has ever heard or owned a pair,i know there is some members here that really likes realistic speaker's,that is why i am asking they do look cool.
Thanks for any help or input.

Attachments

• optimus.jpg
    optimus.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 55
I was a Radio Shack salesperson... a long time ago... in a mall far, far away...

Anyways.... the Optimus Speakers were the line that was considered "premium" at the time. They were "soundy" and a bargain for the amount of punch...... However...

They also had issues where something called "real imaging" is concerned. Apparently it was a measure of a speaker's ability to reproduce sound accurately in/at a given volume of room.

I'm not sure if this would matter to someone just wanting to hear "stuff" but for the particular ear... these speakers would be granted a pass.

Now a good cabinet... Is worth its weight in gold, if thinking about purchasing and replacing the drivers... for they are out there!
Its pretty hard to find "real wood", apparently..... ?

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
i've wondered about the sound quality of the 27's as well, look similar in design as the 10's that are highly regarded, but that thin box on the 27's is what makes me wonder...........:scratch2:

Two things...

1.) You'd get more responses with a better subject. A lot of people won't even click on "Question", but many Realistic/RS gurus will click on a subject like "Question about Optimus 27 speakers".

2.) Though I haven't heard these, it looks like RS was going after the Polk A200 crowd. I bet they don't sound too bad.

I was a Radio Shack salesperson... a long time ago... in a mall far, far away...

Anyways.... the Optimus Speakers were the line that was considered "premium" at the time. They were "soundy" and a bargain for the amount of punch...... However...

They also had issues where something called "real imaging" is concerned. Apparently it was a measure of a speaker's ability to reproduce sound accurately in/at a given volume of room.

I'm not sure if this would matter to someone just wanting to hear "stuff" but for the particular ear... these speakers would be granted a pass.

Now a good cabinet... Is worth its weight in gold, if thinking about purchasing and replacing the drivers... for they are out there!
Its pretty hard to find "real wood", apparently..... ?

Hope this helps!

Ellipses alert.

Back
Top Bottom