Marantz Speakers reaplced with AWESOME "PUNCH" SPEAKERS?

sixthday

You got to be kidding me :banana:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MARANTZ-HD-...pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item41842e713b

"I HATE TO LET THEM GO BUT MY LOSS IS YOUR GAIN" :thumbsdn:

$_57.JPG

I'm assuming this was a case of the original woofers just needed the surrounds replaced and instead someone threw them out and decided car audio speakers would be a better substitute. Bet they sound like crap.

I saw those also. What a waste of really great speakers.
It’s rare to see the proper woofers come up for sale so I am betting these will eventually wind up being parted out or junked.

I have a pair and they are fantastic.
They were top of the line for Marantz, rare and expensive even back then. I always keep an eye out for another good pair I can get local.
I cry when I see people do things like this to them. Most people out there do not realize you can refoam speakers so this happens all too often.

It's possible that he still has the originals laying around.
Maybe he just did the swap.
Maybe he's a packrat.
It can't hurt to ask though,right?

If i knew the correct woofers could be sourced, and the other drivers were in good health, i'd consider paying the opening bid.

Even though Rockford Fosgate are very good car audio sub's, i doubt they play well as a regular bass driver in this case.
Hook them up to a 2oHm stable mono sub amp, and your neighbors will love you.

It took me 3 years to find a replacement woofer for my ds920's. I shelled out almost $200 for a pair of original woofers, and it was worth it. Unless you've "experienced" a pair of these, driven by some power, you don't know. Had one guy come over to buy an amp I was selling, and he made the comment that "those look like some good speakers for rock". Ed May probably turned over in his grave!

Back
Top Bottom