Shipping a !939 Marconi tube radio

Prolly wouldn't be a bad idea, wrap 'em INDIVIDUALLY in bubble wrap, then ship 'em in SEVERAL layers of bubble wrap, double boxed.. On Tube stuff, ALWAYS err on the side of EXTREME caution-Pack like you think King Kong is gonna toss it off the Empire State Bldg..

I would wrap them individually and stick them inside the wooden cabinet with enough other packing to keep everything tidy but not crammed to the point that the bubble wrap causes harm to anything else. (I'm assuming open backed so..) Secure a piece of cardboard to the back with blue painters tape, just enough to hold the internal packing in place. The pack as you would normally for a radio such as this, preferably double boxed.

Think about the end user/unpacker too. Put folds at the end of tape strips and label anything where he/she could unwrap something and drop it on the floor because it wasn't obvious how it was wrapped.

Thank you for the info.
There is a schematic for where the tubes go, but I marked them with tape anyways. Bubble wrap each tube, put them in a box that I custom made to fit into a area beside the chassis.
Now off to double box with some custom made boxes to fit this with some area's around for packing.

Think about the end user/unpacker too. Put folds at the end of tape strips and label anything where he/she could unwrap something and drop it on the floor because it wasn't obvious how it was wrapped.

I made up a word processor doc with the word PULL over and over. Printed out and cut up, insert one in the tape folds. In some cases I write a number beside PULL so someone knows where to start.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom