Help with my Chorusss'sss....

JesusChrysler

...drives a Dodge ; )
Hi everyone.

So I just put my 4-month-old niece to bed, (watching her for a week like I need more kids!)
and I did something I never do... sat in my listening chair (with her) in the dark.

What did I realize?

Well, first I'm not an audiophile...
I love my music n gear but I listen while doing stuff; never critical. ..

But sitting in the dark Just Listening I found my Chorus II's hissss the s'ssss.

It bothered me somewhat.

How can I cure this ailment?

They are stock save some Moray-recommended weight on the passives.

?

Thanks.

Matt

Time for fresh caps. You can buy a set from Bob an install them yourself. The other thing that would go a long way to help extension and dispersion is a set of 38mm balls in the K79 tweeters and a set of 40 mm balls in the mid horns. You will have a big improvement in a lot of areas and you will not have spent a lot either. Best regards Moray James.

Were you listening to your Thoren's? If so, then clean the stylus....I get sibilance when there's a dust bunny on the end.

It could depend on whether this was one seedee in particular, or several. Excessive sibilance can be a recording aftifact. But even so, I still think moray james has a good suggestion regarding cap replacement. Even if that doesn't cure this particular issue, it will reap sonic benefits in other areas.

If you have the original phenolic tweeter drivers in there on top of the caps being bad they could be on the outs also. But, one thing at a time- replace the 'lytic caps first.

Back
Top Bottom