Infinity Quantum 3 speakers found at a yard sale

I ordered the replacement caps for the QLS-3's yesterday. It was nice to get the free shipping for once. (Double edged sword)

Finished up the pots on the other crossover, just waiting on the caps

I purchased the Duel voice coil woofers from "Northwinds" and what a sweet deal I got! I will have to go through them with new surrounds and dust caps.

On that note any good vendor for the surrounds on the Watkins?

I ordered the replacement caps for the QLS-3's yesterday. It was nice to get the free shipping for once. (Double edged sword)

Finished up the pots on the other crossover, just waiting on the caps

I purchased the Duel voice coil woofers from "Northwinds" and what a sweet deal I got! I will have to go through them with new surrounds and dust caps.

On that note any good vendor for the surrounds on the Watkins?

Normally I would re-do the surrounds myself but since I'm 10 miles from Millersound I dropped them off to have them done by THE expert on Infinity Speakers.

Cheers,
Bob

Are you trying to make me jealous?

In the old days when I first started this hobby I would take the drivers to a guy here in town. Since then, I have done my own repairs (refoams mainly), these, The Watkin's, I wanted to be perfect. So I planned to take them to Vincent the speaker repair guy this last weekend. I wanted to combine trips as the Audio and speaker repair shops are next to each other in this little strip-mall in the old part of town. Finishing the final touches on a Realistic STA-2100D, it needed an FM alignment and Bobby is the guy. Off to the Audio shops and that is an experience. The homeless are every were down in that part of town. Its like "Dawn of The Dead" the way they walk around and beg. They even stop you in the parking lots by jumping out in front of the car while driving between the lanes. So it's a little nerving! After getting there I found out the speaker guy retired a few years back. That's why I am looking for good quality foams. I guess I am doing them myself.

Cross-overs Rebuilt!

Working on the Woofers and gussy'n (Fix'n) up the cabinets.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• qls-3 20.jpg
    qls-3 20.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 128
  • qls-3 21.jpg
    qls-3 21.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 129
  • qls-3 22.jpg
    qls-3 22.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 128
Nice work thus far!

On another note, I got a full bottle of soft red for myself, about to fire up that gorgeous 1010.

Thanks again, Bob!!

From what I understand or at least read, staggering the position of the coils is considered beneficial so that they are not located next to each other.

Now you tell me! :D

I am still finishing up the second one so it's not to late for that one.

TT, I wish I was there!

No. I am missing the midrange drivers on both speakers. I am still in the hunt but in the mean time I will be using the ones shone in the images. Getting them up and running instead of taking up valuable floor space is going to be nice. The woofers turned out really nice, just waiting on some proper dust covers to arrive.

No. I am missing the midrange drivers on both speakers. I am still in the hunt but in the mean time I will be using the ones shone in the images. Getting them up and running instead of taking up valuable floor space is going to be nice. The woofers turned out really nice, just waiting on some proper dust covers to arrive.

Mosey on over to Barter Town - someone is parting out Quantumn 3's as I type:

linky:

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=602609

Cheers,
Bob

I PM'ed. Cross your finger's. :D :thmbsp: Thanks for the heads-up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I worked out a deal with "Houas07tc" for the cones.

The woofers are done!

attachment.php

Attachments

• qls 3s 100.jpg
    qls 3s 100.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 66
Back
Top Bottom