Should I build it??????

BlueKatt

Almost 7 feet of RS-4b. Interesting. :D:D:D:D:D

tower2.jpg

It's been done before! Not mine, but a fellow AKer.

StackedInfinitiesB.jpg

If it were me, I'd try it. Heck, I've thought about finding another
pair of AR-90's and doing an inverted stack with those! A poor man's
Duntech Sovereign. :D

Picture319-2.jpg

Good Luck!

That looks encouraging!

Before I decide to join the cabinets together I will give it an audition to see if I like the sound.

My challenge now is to find all if the drivers. The guy I bought the cabinets from did not have any of the drivers or crossovers. I need everything!

BlueKatt

happy hunting....

the mids and the tweeters are on ebay all the time...remember you can also use IIIa and b so plenty to choose from (same just different lettering on outside)....

the woofers and crossovers may take a while...

happy hunting....

the mids and the tweeters are on ebay all the time...remember you can also use IIIa and b so plenty to choose from (same just different lettering on outside)....

the woofers and crossovers may take a while...

You can use Emit's and Polydomes from a IIIA or B. But, the woofers are different. IIIA/B's use 10" woofers, and 4B's use 8" woofers. So, look for 4A and 4B woofers. Also, 6B's use all the same drivers too, just with a single 8" woofer. But, any of the large round Emit's will work, and pretty much any Polydome too. The only different type of Polydome was used in the RS6000's. They were Polydome K's. Different magnet, and efficiency ( I believe).

Almost 7 feet of RS-4b.

Are the stacked cabinets really that tall? Nice! :D

Personally, I also want to try and find 2 pair of either RS625's or RS525's. I want to stack those and add a line array of Monsoon planar mids to the outside edge of the stacked cabinets. I'll end up with something like these VMPS speakers, but with more woofers (and passive radiators). :scratch2:

ff3.jpg

I already have enough Monsoon mids!!! :yes:

Should you build it??

You must have not been around here long if you didn't know what our answer to that one would be :lmao::rockon:

Personally I would not ruin a nice pair(s) of speakers. But to each his own. I've never been much of a fan for stacked speakers though. I would be interested to see what you come up with.

I'm thinking about scraping 1 set of QLS1's and making a diapole system, 6 front firing and 6 rear firing domes, likewise tweeters same on a narrow face with 4 12"watkins in thier own cabinet per channel , and use 4 emims for mid bass coupler's, any thoughts on this? Al

I'm thinking about scraping 1 set of QLS1's and making a diapole system, 6 front firing and 6 rear firing domes, likewise tweeters same on a narrow face with 4 12"watkins in thier own cabinet per channel , and use 4 emims for mid bass coupler's, any thoughts on this? Al

I don't know if I'd religate Emim's to only mid-bass duties. That seems a bit of a waste, as they're capable of a much greater frequency range. But, if you want to build a DIY speaker, you use what you have! :yes:

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom