Minnesota Meetup

Please bring anything unique or "cool."

One tip for everyone...my street is torn up for construction. You will need to park on a north/south street. Feel free to drive down the alley and stop by the garage to drop off equipment. My cell is 651-238-39O6

Wowser! I just checked out your location via GOOGLE satellite images. That's a big garage. :thmbsp:

Oh my.... Toby, Dave, Jason, Peter, Gary, I better get my ass there tomorrow. I have an Audio Research LS3 pre I could bring along as well as a couple of other toys if that's okay?

Have a beer for me folks. I'll be hard at work keeping the planes in the air.

.dew.

Quick update, I spoke with my wife and the show will need to quiet down by 8. That is bedtime for our two little ones.

I know. I cleared one project out if the way toile it and the day job gets in the war. Apologies to the host.

I know. I cleared one project out if the way toile it and the day job gets in the war. Apologies to the host.
Sorry peeps..
My day job got in the way as well. I'm tearing down a boiler for the state boiler inspection next week.Fun,fun fun...Not! Hope you all are having a great time.

It was a pretty good time. There was a pretty small turnout, but that's okay, the upstairs of the garage was pretty small. We got to listen to a decent sized assortment of speakers to include Jason's Ohm Walsh 2's, several homemade speakers and some ADS and Polk bookshelf speakers. Jason and his dad also provided a Carver amp and Audio Research pre, along with Jason's turntable, the host's CD player, and a massive collection of half-speed master recordings. The homemade speakers were the Jarve-Falk stripes courtesy of Peter (who left his card table btw :) ) and some full-range speakers courtesy of Matt the host.

We started around noon-1, and had everything wrapped up by 9. All in all it was a great experience, and we need to have these get-togethers more often! A big thank you to Matt the host! Peter took pictures, I'm sure they will be up soon.

Event photos from 1koolcat

Many thanks to Matt for hosting our local Twin Cities AK event yesterday.

Here are a few choice photos of the event.

Pic 1 is the room above the garage looking south - the blue "hot seat" / audio gear table / speakers / et al.

Pic 2 is same room looking the opposite direction. Left to right are: host Matt (mforys), Jason (jhaan92), Toby (tobyj17), Mark (a_retent) and John (JDub). (I am taking the photo - Peter (1koolcat)). Not pictured is late-comer Scott (sfrykh).

Pic 3 is a photo of the system we enjoyed listening to most often during the afternoon.

Pic 4 is one of the OHM Walsh speakers refurbed by Jason.

Pic 5 is a close-up of the amp and pre-amp provided by Mark and Jason.

Pic 6 is the system we setup in the garage below the listening room. Peter's (1koolcat) YAMAHA CR-640, SONY DVD-S7700 CD transport and ADS L570/2 speakers.

Attachments

• AKatMFORYS01b.jpg
    AKatMFORYS01b.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 34
  • AKatMFORYS02b.jpg
    AKatMFORYS02b.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 42
  • AKatMFORYS03b.jpg
    AKatMFORYS03b.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 30
  • AKatMFORYS04b.jpg
    AKatMFORYS04b.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 18
  • AKatMFORYS05b.jpg
    AKatMFORYS05b.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 27
  • AKatMFORYS06b.jpg
    AKatMFORYS06b.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
More photos from the event . . .

Pic 7 is a closeup of the garage system.

Pic 8 is an audio themed throw pillow in the listening room.

Pic 9 is John (JDub) sitting in the "sweet spot" chair.

Pic 10 is the view from that same chair. (featuring 1koolcat's shoes)

Pic 11 is another shot of the Audio Research preamp / CARVER amp combo. (I didn't get a good shot of Jason's mind-blowing PIONEER turntable - sorry. :tears: )

Did anyone else take photos yesterday?

Yes, I figured out I forgot my folding table once I got to TARGET in Minnetonka. I will retrieve it from Matt soon.

Attachments

• AKatMFORYS07b.jpg
    AKatMFORYS07b.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 18
  • AKatMFORYS08b.jpg
    AKatMFORYS08b.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 15
  • AKatMFORYS09b.jpg
    AKatMFORYS09b.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 22
  • AKatMFORYS010b.jpg
    AKatMFORYS010b.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 25
  • AKatMFORYS011b.jpg
    AKatMFORYS011b.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
It was fun. I am glad that everyone enjoyed the Ohm's - I almost didn't bring them along. I was chatting with Dad, and we both thought that the Ohms just made the day melt away. When we were packing it up, we were both thinking that the Ohms were great to listen to, with no listener fatigue. I could have listened to them for another couple of hours!

I'm glad that Matt was able to host, it was much appreciated...it had been a couple of years since I'd last seen Peter. I'm also glad for Davanni's pizza....it so hit the spot!

I do have one thing to note though; Peter, you gotta give credit to Dad for the Ohm's - he did at least 75% of the work on those speakers. From the creation of the stands to the painting of the top, that was all him.

Just figured you'd like credit where it is due Dad! :D I unfortunately didn't snap any pictures, but I'll talk to Dad later and see if he did. Thanks again to Matt for the newest album in my collection. I haven't played it yet, but I will as soon as I get the stereo back together.

I can't hardly wait for another get-together...this was a lot of fun, even if the turnout was small.

-Jason

PS - Matt, any news on that full range driver plan yet? You know which one I'm talking about! :D

Still mad I couldn't make it. Looks like you guys had a great time.

Jason those Ohm's look great I need to hear them someday.

Thanks for sharing the pictures.

They did sound great Gary. :D

Just remember, you could always PM me your number, and I could invite you over to my place to listen to them personally. Just a thought. :D

Just want to add my thanks to Matt for hosting. Time flew, so we must've been having fun!

Back
Top Bottom