Vintage & Vinyl Listening Club:David Bowie Heroes Kittery, Maine

I just read the article about this event in The Weekly Sentinel. Sounds like it will be a blast! Unfortunately I can't attend as my daughter will be on stage at Marshwood High School performing in "Alice" and of course we'll be in the audience.

Are there other Listening Club events?

Big day is tomorrow, so excited to set it up. We now have 2 pairs of Allison Ones to use along with a pair of Allison Threes!

Wish I still lived in New England.. I'd be there. This sounds like great fun..

I heard Bradley Jay on WBZ the other night. He told how at the last minute they found that no one had brought a copy of the featured record. Luckily, someone was able to run out and buy a copy at the last minute.

A communication break-down somewhere! I supplied the equipment and was told Brad had a pristine copy of Heroes that he was bringing. At sound check I asked him for the record and he looked at me blank. Upon finding out he did not own such copy I ran back to my house and got the one I bought in the summer of '78. I played that thing to death that summer. A copy was also dug up and retrieved from Skele-tone Records in Rochester NH but Dave Archembault of vinyl nirvana, who supplied the Thorens for the night, liked the condition of my copy better and so that's the copy we played. Hissing, popping and scratchiness included. People loved it. The noise drove me a little crazy but it really was the worst at the beginning of each side only. The new purchase was raffled off, of which a friend of mine was the lucky winner and now I'm setting up a turntable for her. All's well that ends well I guess!

Back
Top Bottom