DENON SL-7D or Technincs SL1200..

voltcontrol

Fizheuer Zieheuer
DENON SL-7D (with Dynavector 10X ) or Technincs SL1200..

I cannot find enough information on the Denon to decide which TT I should get, both are the same price.

If anyone can point me toward specs of the Denon or has an opinion on this I'd be very grateful.

That's not a common Denon- it's a real beaut, and I imagine a fine performer. Nice cart, too.

The Technics has the benefit however of parts availability.

Hmm seems I can get a couple of SL1800's for 100€, choice is made I guess...
Or any definite reasons that justify the huge difference in price with the 1200 or the Denon?

Last edited:
I'd go 1800MkII if that's what they are, a used cart without provenance is a used cart and of questionable if any value. The 1200MkII has cachet, the 1800MkII is basically the same works on a suspended base and usually a tremendous comparative bargain..

I like the original SL-1800 but the SL-1800MK2 and SL1200MK2 are what I'd go for if you can afford it.

The Mk2 of several Technics decks, including the 1800, are preferable , in case you're wondering, because they have quartz locking whereas the Mk1s don't. Vintagetechnics.info has a run-down.

I'm gonna have a good look at the Denon SL-7D and Technics SL1800 (probably this monday), pics will follow. :)

Back
Top Bottom