Speaker matches for CR 820

AlpineSkiier

I know I have read stuff about the Yamaha / Polk marriage that suggests they synergize each other. The monitor 5s and Monitor 7s seem to be the most highly suggested. Are they truly a perfect match? I have the Bose 6.2s + Canton sub and sounds amazing mostly. Anyone with a great experience with this receiver and their speakers, please offer some input.
Cheers

When I had one I thought it sounded great with my Polk Monitor 10As but it sounded incredible with some EPI M180 speakers.

Well, Polk 10a's sound great with my cr620, as well as my Yamaha ns-70t and ns 500m; although the 70t's match up well with the cr620:thmbsp:

A CR-820 is now our living room receiver, having unseated the previous champion, a Pioneer SX-828. The speakers are the Parts Express BR-1 kit speakers and a cheap 12" Sony subwoofer I won in a sales contest fifteen years ago. This is a great sounding combo according to everyone in our house and the Yamaha handles the DIVERSE musical tastes of my family better than any other receiver we own.

I think the neutral, flat, uncolored (whatever adjective suits you) sound of Yamaha responds well to speakers that are equally flat.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom