AX-1090+DSP-E800 Connection Question

Bratwurst7s

In The Frying Pan
Subscriber
Hi All,
I have an AX-1090 that I've been using with a DSP-E800 for both 2-channel stereo and 5.1 Home Theater. For the last 14 years or so I've been content to loop the DSP through the pre-in/main/out terminals of the AX-1090. When I want 2-channel I use the Pure-Direct switch on the AX, and otherwise the DSP remote controls all 5 channels for HT.

That works fine except for the occasional times when I'm having a dinner party etc and want relatively low volume 2-channel background music. Those are the times when it would be nice to have access to the loudness and tone controls on the AX, but they are out of the loop.

So, finally the question(s). Have any of you used a similar setup, and if so have you had a useful experience running the DSP through a tape loop? Was it still possible to control the volume of all 5 channels using the DSP remote when it's switched on? Did you have to play with both volume controls individually when in HT mode?

I realize that the best answer is for me to get busy and start playing with plugs, but my current stand/cabinet setup makes getting at the back side of the amps a bit of a PITA and I'm hoping to tap into some of your experiences and cut out at least part of the experimental phase.

Thanks in advance,
James

Back
Top Bottom