M-60 Resto

Which is why I generally opine to not fix what ain't broken.

I guess I just don't want the next guy to think I made the mess. On the M-series amplifiers. I check all the outputs on the non-functional amplifier(s) out of circuit. So I have to desolder at least half of the outputs anyway. Tidying up the other side only makes perfect sense to me.

I guess I just don't want the next guy to think I made the mess. On the M-series amplifiers. I check all the outputs on the non-functional amplifier(s) out of circuit. So I have to desolder at least half of the outputs anyway. Tidying up the other side only makes perfect sense to me.

That is kind of how I am. I am the guy that restuffs the bakelite blocks in a Philco! I know that no one will ever see them, but it makes me feel better! :D

So on the chance that one of these is bad, do you have a recommended source? I see a ton on eBay in matched pairs, but I know from past experience (like with the 2SC1969 finals for CB radios) that you can get some dead junk from there.

Back at it tonight some and found TR 132, 134, 136, and 138 shorted. No wonder this thing had a meltdoen.

Ant suggestions of sources for the 2SC2581 and 2SA1265?

Back at it tonight some and found TR 132, 134, 136, and 138 shorted. No wonder this thing had a meltdoen.

Ant suggestions of sources for the 2SC2581 and 2SA1265?

Check the driver transistors as well. Emitter resistors(R154,156,158 & 160) may be damaged as well.

Last edited:
I did plan on ordering the drivers as well just so I have a set even if I don't need them. The emitter resistors check out ok.

Thanks for the links. I found some from China as well that come in "matched sets". I know these are all mostly made over there any way and I have had mixed luck with buying direct from China, so I will probably go ahead and try your suggested source.

Thanks again!!

Back
Top Bottom