Yamaha YP-D8 and YP-D6 Question

2sixR

acquired a YP-D8 some time ago but it did not have the original headshell or the ring weight that goes over the counterweight... was wondering if I would be able to take these parts off of a YP-D6 and use on the D8 TT... anyone know if they are interchangeable... thanks in advance.

It looks like it's mounted the same way to the tonearm. I have an extra original YP-D8 head shell. I've had my YP-D8 since 1978 and the original headshell lifting lever somehow became detached. After many months of searching, I found a replacement on ebay. If you're interested and can wait three weeks until I get back to the States, it's yours.

97062.jpg

That would b sweet Mancave Man... shoot me a PM when you get back and we can exchange specifics... thanks.

If I recall, the counterweights should be interchangeable (based on my memory - which has known to fail me!). The head shells will swap out without issue.

Just wanted to put a thanks out to Mancave Man for the D8 headshell... the D6 counterweight fit and the Benz Micro Gold cart is installed and sounding sweet... now to get the newly acquired Conrad Johnson PV 12 preamp into the system.

Just wanted to put a thanks out to Mancave Man for the D8 headshell... the D6 counterweight fit and the Benz Micro Gold cart is installed and sounding sweet... now to get the newly acquired Conrad Johnson PV 12 preamp into the system.

You're welcome, glad I could help.

Back
Top Bottom