Advice or suggestings on replacing my SL1200 in my all Yamaha System.

volvorwd

Looking for some opinions n advice from us Yamaha fans.

I'd like to upgrade n replace my SL1200M3D that's currently feeding my C-45/M-45/NS-500M set up. I've been looking at these Yamaha table: PF-800, PX-3, YP-D71 n last but not least maybe I should import a GT-750/1000. My current budget for a new table is $1000 Shipped with or without a cart. And it must be a Yamaha n be equal or better then my current table.

I don't think I really need a new cartridge as I'm currently running a Grado Reference Platinum and a AT150MXL, but I'd like ur opinions on wich table would be better suited for my current cartridges n system.
Hopefully someone here might have a system close to mine and tried, or at least have some hands on experience with one of these tables. As higher end tables seem to be non existent in my neck of the woods, never mind Yamaha tables.

Any help would greatly be appreciated and if there's any other Tables that meet my demands that I might have missed plz let me know. Thank you!!

Last edited:
I would look at the PX-2 as they seem to be plentiful on the bay right now. The PF-800/1000 are also great choices but being spring loaded they have a different sonic presentation. They can also be a challenge if you have wood floors as you'll get the classic record skip if you don't tip toe across the room when a record is playing.

I have a mint PF-800 I would consider letting go - PM me if you want to discuss further. You're close enough to me to hear it and decide before you pull the trigger.

jblnut

try yamaha px-3 . I'll sell yo mine

I'd like to upgrade n replace my SL1200M3D that's currently feeding my C-45/M-45/NS-500M set up. I've been looking at these Yamaha table: PF-800, PX-3, YP-D71 n last but not least maybe I should import a GT-750/1000. My current budget for a new table is $1000 Shipped with or without a cart. And it must be a Yamaha n be equal or better then my current table.

I don't think I really need a new cartridge as I'm currently running a Grado Reference Platinum and a AT150MXL, but I'd like ur opinions on wich table would be better suited for my current cartridges n system.
Hopefully someone here might have a system close to mine and tried, or at least have some hands on experience with one of these tables. As higher end tables seem to be non existent in my neck of the woods, never mind Yamaha tables.

Any help would greatly be appreciated and if there's any other Tables that meet my demands that I might have missed plz let me know. Thank you!!
but I do not know if it is good enough for your cartridge choice. I use a grace f9e, but have stopped playing records since my Marantz Sa11s1 SACD/CD player. I am in CT.

Have a look at the Yamaha YP-D8 , Yamaha YP-D9, and the Yamaha YP-D10 too.
http://www.thevintageknob.org/yamaha-YP-D10.html

Best of luck with your search! :music:

Yamaha Px-3

I have original box, manuals all mounting stuff for cartridge with spare head shell.I used it twice in ten years. My email jgans @ctattys.com

Thank u all so far for the suggesting's and offers!!!

What are some of the strong n weak points of these tables? Right now I'm saving money for whatever table I'll end up choosing. But all and any other advice suggesting's n opinions are welcome guys. Also PM me if u have one to offer id rather buy from a form bother then eBay or something.

Here's a little more info on my setup n listening room, if it helps any: Its about a 13x10 foot room, Carpet over wood floors, and wood panel walls. My system is set up against one of the 10 foot walls with a coffee table in between my couch n system. As of today I'm running all Yamaha: C-45 pre, M-45 amp, T-1 tuner,CD-2 cdp, and GE-5 eq with NS-500m speakers and a Technics SL1200M3D (looking to replace this table) running ether a Grado reference platinum, Audio Tecnica AT150MXL and AT1000XE and Shure Whitelabel, hooked up with radio shack gold plated RCA interconnects and 14 gauge speaker wire.

Here's a pick of my listening man cave/listening room:

Sent from my RM-915_nam_usa_228 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• WP_20140809_008.jpg
    WP_20140809_008.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 17
I'm tuned in too, but I'm thinking I would prefer something black to match my gear. In the end I may end up with something w/o tuning forks. Good luck.

On my list is the YP-D8, D10, PF-800.

I've not seen what the YPs I listed have sold for recently. So that will play in.

I've heard that the PF-800 has a few parts that are hard to find replacements for. Can't give any details on that or the others. I'm still interested in those, but buying w/o hearing scares me.

I'm tuned in too, but I'm thinking I would prefer something black to match my gear. In the end I may end up with something w/o tuning forks. Good luck.

On my list is the YP-D8, D10, PF-800.

I've not seen what the YPs I listed have sold for recently. So that will play in.

I've heard that the PF-800 has a few parts that are hard to find replacements for. Can't give any details on that or the others. I'm still interested in those, but buying w/o hearing scares me.

Yes I'd prefer black as well but I want mine to have tuning forks lol
Also for prices check out www.hifishark.com n search for what equipment ur interested in it will pull up current n recant ads n auctions from all over the world.

Hopefully more people will chime in n help us both out.

I recently aquired a yp-d10 from a family friend. I LOVE the table! I did have an issue at first, but it was an easy fix. Thread about it here:

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=608589

The table had been stored for years without climate control, I was shocked the little cap was the only problem. I don't know what these go for now, but if you can find one I'm sure you will be pleased. The build quality is excellent.

Back
Top Bottom