GOT QLS-1's?

Theother1

Well, fully rebuilt and ready to go. Very exciting!

Attachments

• IMG_0160.jpg
    IMG_0160.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0161.jpg
    IMG_0161.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0162.jpg
    IMG_0162.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0163.jpg
    IMG_0163.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0164.jpg
    IMG_0164.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 43
enjoy em! could you manage another foot or so out into the room? they will thank you for it.

Still playing with them. THis is my parents basement as my main room is under construction. So yes, I think I can! They are a little sensitive to position, and the upstream viability seems to really show it's ugly head. Shit in, shit out scenario. I am going to load my good gear up and see how well they sing very soon.

Still playing with them. THis is my parents basement as my main room is under construction. So yes, I think I can! They are a little sensitive to position, and the upstream viability seems to really show it's ugly head. Shit in, shit out scenario. I am going to load my good gear up and see how well they sing very soon.

"upstream viability" Nice way of putting it. As well as SI/SO. That is the weak link in things because they are revealing, aren't they?

They do respond well to mit cables. And being bi-amped. Are you bi-amping them? What with? Vinyl?

They get happier with more power, especially the tweets and domes, there are so many of them! I think that they are 82dB speakers too.

I really like the way female vocals and acoustic music sound on them, hard rock not so much, they are pretty laid back and "accurate". The rock exception is the good ol' Grateful Dead, try any of their multi tracked live recordings, "Three from the Vault" and Europe '72 sound awesome, as does Spring '90 and especially "Nightfall of Diamonds"!

They are really sensitive to set up, so play with all the controls, move them around the room, and switch gear often. I found that it was pretty tricky to get the most out of them but all the time I've put in to it has really paid me back!

Looking forward to hearing your reactions...

"upstream viability" Nice way of putting it. As well as SI/SO. That is the weak link in things because they are revealing, aren't they?

They do respond well to mit cables. And being bi-amped. Are you bi-amping them? What with? Vinyl?

I will be biamping as soon as the second Aragon 4004 MKii is back from the shop (I caught it on fire, literally). Not spinning vinyl. For CD's, a Sony XXXXXXES disc player. A little bright, but nice to my ears. A lot of pushing from digital files through a Schiit Bifrost DAC. If it was recorded well, it sounds wonderful.

Plates schmates. I don't need no stinking plates! I have QLS-1's!!!!

Back
Top Bottom