An Atlanta Get Together BBQ/swapmeet?

kbott

Addicted Member
I took off Saturdays for the next two months and was wondering if there would be any interest in having a BBQ and little swapmeet at casa Kbott. I'm thinking toward a Saturday in August All I'd really want is a little help to offset the food cost with it being BYOB. Significant others always welcome as well

Any interest?

BTW, I'm in east Cobb sort of in the middle of a triangle between Pope, Lassiter and Walton. I don't bite, I promise. And, not to be boastful, I'm a pretty damn good cook

Last edited:
Mighty gracious of you to offer your home. :yes:

Definitely count me in!

I can help out with the food costs. I'll either buy some meat for the grill or prepare something like tater salad or slaw... your choice.

:banana:

I'm hoping we can get between 15-30 ak'ers plus spouses/significant others on board I'm leaning toward either the 17th or 24th of august any real preference out there?

I'm in, I can try and get one or two others over once we have a date. I know there is more ATL guys on here.

No preference here... I'll need to adjust my weekend to get my daughter but that's no big deal. She has the music / audio bug too... I just gave her a SX-650, pioneer TT, JBL bookshelfs and a new cart for the TT for her 17th birthday. :music:

I'm more into having a good party audio is the theme but the party around it is more for me We've been known to throw a few good ones here. The first party before we were married the police came around 4 AM saying we were a little loud for that time of day

I really need about 10 firm yes's to make this a go Just from the logistics standpoint 10 makes it doable

Definitely, A little swapping would be fun too, maybe if enough people are interested we could do one of those prearranged swap threads.

I could do the 17th, would welcome a chance to meet some AK'ers.
Got some stuff to swap as well. Don't drink anymore, but could bring beer or food.

Put me down as a possible. Will know more closer to the date. We have friends in Douglasville that we could stay with. And I have several pairs of speakers sitting in the "closet" along with a few component pieces. I love trading stuff! Can't sell anything...the wife would make me use it on a bill or something! lol

Hi Neighbor. Sounds like fun. Count me in on the August 24th weekend. 17th is the Birmingham Record show and I'll be there for it.

T

sort of looks like more are leaning toward the 24th vs the 17 David any chance the 24th can do for you?

hopefully my wife remembers when I said I was thinking of an AK party and she said it sounded like fun

I might be dead but I'll make it. I'll be coming back from The Dexateens/DBT show in Athens from the night before.

drive-by truckers put on a long show just wish they never parted ways with jason isbell I think that both need each other to be superb I have isbell's latest southeastern and its entirely unmemorable nice but doesnt stick

patterson hoods heat lightning is not bad though I think better than isbells solo work

I'm kind of light on amplification at the moment so power is welcome I'm heavy on speakers (as always) and a bunch of fixer uppers as well

Back
Top Bottom