Is Tim Tebow good for the NFL?

cubdog

banging through drywall
It sounds like TT is getting one last shot in the NFL with the Eagles. I'm not a fan of Tebow but that is irrelevant I'm just curious if you guys think he good for the league or if the circus that always surrounds him is too big of a distraction. Opinions?

cubdog

I don't think he got a fair shot to be a good player. His rookie year playoff win was pretty impressive if I recall. Knowing TT work ethic, I'm sure he's in top physical condition.

I don't think he got a fair shot to be a good player. His rookie year playoff win was pretty impressive if I recall. Knowing TT work ethic, I'm sure he's in top physical condition.

Actually he got more than a fair shot in Denver. His problem being, among other things, is that he is a terrible passer with a sub 50% completion rate in the NFL. You can't stay employed as a QB with numbers like that. I can't understood why he won't swallow his pride and agree to play some other position where he might have a future.

cubdog

He's a good athlete but doesn't have what it takes to be a good starting QB in the NFL. There's so many intangibles to be a successful QB in the NFL and Tebow doesn't seem to have it. He has good arm strength but at the same time a very slow and long release which is part of the reason for his low completion rate. Whenever he's hurried, due to the way he throws the ball, his accuracy is compromised.

As for other positions, not sure if any team is willing to invest the time to bring him up as a TE which is probably the most suitable position for him. IMO, he'll end up being a sideshow backup QB until he retires.

None of the other QBs on the Eagles are any good.. Don't know why they got rid of Foles...

I feel most quarterbacks aren't ready for the NFL right out of the draft. Peyton manning didn't have a great first year. Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers were back ups for a little while. The great college QBs are drafted by the worst teams that need to use them right away.

or if the circus that always surrounds him is too big of a distraction.

cubdog

Compared to the murderers, wife beaters, dog fighters, and Favre sending photos of his junk in emails, that "circus" is more like Miss Pat's Playroom.

His skills are not commensurate with the distraction he brings to the clubhouse. That said, he seems the type that Dan Snyder would trade a couple of first round draft picks for.:smoke:

His problem being, among other things, is that he is a terrible passer with a sub 50% completion rate in the NFL. You can't stay employed as a QB with numbers like that.

Yep.

Look at the playoff and marquee QBs out there: Rodgers, Manning, Brady, Luck, Romo, Brees, Wilson, Ryan, Roethlisberger. They all can and do fling it.

Hell, Cutler has a better arm and he's barely keeping his job in Chicago...

Tight end is what someone should look to him to do, 27 isn't young, but he could do a good job there for a few years.

His skills are not commensurate with the distraction he brings to the clubhouse. That said, he seems the type that Dan Snyder would trade a couple of first round draft picks for.:smoke:

That comment cuts deep, man.

Mainly because it's true. Snyder is terrible.

I think Tebow is a lot like Michael Vick. A really decent running back, that on occasion can throw the ball down field. Mike has really improved in his passing game but his past will always dog him. True story

He's probably better than 80% of NFL backup QBs, many of which just cannot suck enough.

The guy has never done anything to make himself a distraction. Other people have decided to make him a distraction.

Last edited:
if it doesn't go well he is certainly in a city that will let him know....and btw the kneel-down prayer...wasn't that a distraction of his making?

He's probably better than 80% of NFL backup QBs, many of which just cannot suck enough.

The guy has never done anything to make himself a distraction. Other people have decided to make him a distraction.

Regardless of who made him a distraction, he is a distraction. Who else would garner such breathless news reports for being signed as a 4th string QB? If he is indeed better than 80% of NFL backup QB's, it begs the question of why the Broncos, Jets and Patriots got rid of him.

Back
Top Bottom