Novice needs some tips/help with his new old Yamaha CA-610 II amp.

supervandy

I picked this up a few months ago from a craigslist ad for a cool $130, after some pointers from you guys. I use it with my turntable and love it. Everything on it works, and it's in great shape for its age, but I'm looking for some advice on cleaning up the front to really make it shine, and also the pots/controls on the front since a couple of them cut in and out or crackle when turned.

Here's a bunch of photos, inside and out: http://imgur.com/a/rrdhI

Really just need to know what cleaners I can use to wipe down the front and knobs, and what I can find at Menards or Home Depot locally to clean those pots. I'm a total newbie on this stuff, and know very little about electronics. It sounds good and works well so I just want to get it clean and shiny. I know deoxit has a good reputation but I think I would have to order that online, and would rather find something I can pick up locally.

I'm also interested in any info on this model or any helpful comments/advice from those with experience. For example, what's the "meter range" button for? What gauge of speaker wire should I use for my smaller JBL bookshelf speakers or my larger Infinity SM-152s?

You guys are always really helpful, thanks!

Hot water, a little mild dish soap , old tooth brush and a mr. clean magic erasure is all you need.

CAIG Deox-it for the dirty controls. Be aware some electronic switch and contact cleaners can and will destroy your switches and controls .

Last edited:
You can get the CAIG Deox at Guitar Center if there is one in your town . You'll find it in the PA/Keyboard department .
Beautiful unit you got there . I'm totally jealous...
Rudy .

Back
Top Bottom